Finished 56squadron then and now

B

beav1013

awesome job. the natural metal finish looks great on the lightning. great job.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job on a pair of great aircraft , top marks , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking models Ian. Very impressive duo!

Cheers,

Ron

F

Fenlander

Superb Ian and a good reason for me not doing aircraft anymore, I just could not get anything as good as these.

M

munkster

Lovely work Ian - what kit is the Lightning may I ask? I am determined to tackle one one day!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
An excellent pair - as good as Jordan's any day! :lol *****

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Lovely work Ian - what kit is the Lightning may I ask? I am determined to tackle one one day!
Only one way to go if you want a Lightning in 1/48; Airfix, It really was/is one of the best they ever did.

Thanks for the comment.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Ian

Outstanding work fantastic detail and paint finish *****.

Vaughan

M

munkster

Only one way to go if you want a Lightning in 1/48; Airfix, It really was/is one of the best they ever did.
Thanks Ian. Sorry to hiijack a bit but there's two on evilbay at the moment, both slightly different versions - are they all as good as each other in 1/48 in Airfix or are there any anomalous ones to avoid?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm sure I left a comment on this !?*?. Obviously I hit the wrong "button".

Anyway that's a top job,two very nice models (I managed not to mention a pair) which compliment each other very well.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
(I managed not to mention a pair) Steve
So it's just me lowering the tone then? What can I say? I'm just a Black Country lad and the closest I get to culture is when I visit the hospital and walk past the Petrie dishes in their laboratory:lol

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks Ian. Sorry to hiijack a bit but there's two on evilbay at the moment, both slightly different versions - are they all as good as each other in 1/48 in Airfix or are there any anomalous ones to avoid?
Airfix did two kits, the F-2A/F6 boxing and the F2/F3 versions. The F2-A/F6 is to be re-released by Airfix in the not to distant future so save your money and wait rather than pay over price on e-bay. The F2/F3 kit, which is the one My build is from is unfortunately only to be found on E-bay or the like. Airfix has not said anything about a re-release of that one.

They are both great kits and build into a nice piece. Mine was "pimped up" a bit with some resin extras but even from the box its a nice build.

I have the other one, the F6 yet to build and will most likely buy another couple when they come in the shops. (sorry I just love them).

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A very nice duo (again, i managed to avoid 'pair' as well)

The nmf of the Lightening looks particularly good with a nice variation in tones. Great result

Colin M..........

T

treyzx10r

Ian truly amazing! I've yet to take the leap of a natural metal finish ,you pulled it off nicely and the decal on that sling wing would have the hairs on my neck standing straight up trying to get it right,great job on both Sir 5 stars from me!