Finished - RAF Blackburn Buccaneer S2B - 1/48 Airfix

First Name
Mike
I know that kit has some issues but you've done an amazing job of it. Superb.

F

Fenlander

Lovely build Derek. Very nicely done camo work, the feathering looks spot on. Very clean build of a classic aircraft, one of the best Buccaneer builds I have seen.

T

treyzx10r

Derek very nicely done Sir,I'm with Graham best Buc I've seen in a long while

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Derek, lots of bits and curves on this aircraft to highlight. Is it all straight OOB ?

Regards

Colin M........

C

Caledonia

Thanks for your kind comments Gent's, and apologies for the late reply, was stripping and painting the front door the last few days so was not online. Yes the Kit has quite a few fit issues, but you can forgive them all as Airfix have come up with a model that conveys the bulkiness of the Buccaneer, one of my favourite kits along with their old 1/48 Lightning about to be reissued. Surprising how large an aircraft it is against the E.E. Lightning and Phantom.

Colin, have a look at my build and you will see the extras which came with the ebay purchased kit, I did not use much of the PE, nor the bulging tyres which for me were too flat. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/then-now-aircraft/12295-raf-blackburn-buccaneer-s2b-1-48-airfix.html

Cheers Derek

C

CDW

Is this particular aircraft still on display at the Buccaneer Service Station in Elgin ???

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Is this particular aircraft still on display at the Buccaneer Service Station in Elgin ???
I have not been up their this year, but saw it last summer coming back from Lossiemouth, it looked in a pretty poor condition

First Name
Dave
Very nice build Derek.I've not built this kit but i've seen it in the box.Not the easiest kit to build.You've obviously done a hell of a lot of work to build it to this high standard.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a 5* cracker Derek. You made a good job of the free handed camo, I knew you could pull it off!

Hope my one turns out as good as this.

Ian M

C

CDW

\ said:
I have not been up their this year, but saw it last summer coming back from Lossiemouth, it looked in a pretty poor condition
Thats a shame ....

I negelcted to comment on your model ... ignorant of me sorry ... quality work sir !!

C

Caledonia

Message for CDW

Hi Colin, was just looking at the www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk web site and see that Aircraft Number 530 which is the Airfix one for No. 12 Sqd, is the actual one displayed at the Buccaneer Filling Station near Elgin. Cheers Derek

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Don't know how I missed this little beauty! ***** for that Derek.

Gern

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Derek

Very nice build. I like the post shading on the panel lines. Well done.

Vaughan.

C

CDW

\ said:
Hi Colin, was just looking at the www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk web site and see that Aircraft Number 530 which is the Airfix one for No. 12 Sqd, is the actual one displayed at the Buccaneer Filling Station near Elgin. Cheers Derek
Hi Derek,

I actually did a little browsing and forgot to reply here .... found this ......

"Buccaneer S2B XW530 is on display outside the Buccaneer Service Station at Elgin, Scotland"

..........which is on this wiki page listing all surviving aircraft.

List of surviving Blackburn Buccaneers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definitely a trip to be made in the future me-thinks.

B

Bunkerbarge

I'm with Vaughan here, I think the panel lines and surface work is superb and makes for a stunning model.