Finished - RAF Blackburn Buccaneer S2B - 1/48 Airfix

C

Caledonia

Thanks for you kind comments chaps, the kit needs a lot of filler and sanding as well as re-scribing but with patience it makes a lovely model, one of my favourite. Cheers Derek

First Name
Richard
Great model.

really like the opened airbrakes, paint and panel job.

Great job Derek

Cheers Richi

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Stunning build Derek .......... Five Very Big Stars from me as well.

Peter

C

Caledonia

A blast from the past as they say. Thanks Gents for your comments, it's a horrible kit, but with a lot of work makes a very nice model.

L

Laurie

Wow Derek you were young then. Not into ships and things I guess.

Very nice model and so nicely finished. Nice aircraft to build as there are lots of things going on which for me makes model making so interesting.

Laurie

N

noble

That is beautiful work there Derek some nice paintwork and weathering going on there.

scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Derek ! Apologies mate , I dont know what I was doing nearly four years ago but I somehow missed this beauty!! What a superb looking build , i love the buccaneer and have built this kit myself so I know its not a stroll in the park . Youve done a fantastic job of building and painting this , it looks every inch like a brand new up to date tooling . I really hope Airfix re-issue this because even though its a little challenging in the fit dept ,at the end of the day its a buccaneer in 1/48 scale and we should all be thankful of that (plus at the moment its the only injected game in town !) Heres a backdated five stars for you mate ***** (thats how we used to rate things back then !!) yours belatedly tony

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
brilliant, simply brilliant, that has to be one of the best cockpits i have seen and the 'glass' is so clear- excellent job.

C

Caledonia

Thanks everyone for your interest in this old posting. Derek