Focke Wulf Fw190 F8 (1/72 Airfix)

P

Polux

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all ;)

Start a new model on Christmas day should be nice! So here I am with this little plane. My first and fast impression is that kit is a pearl. Looks very well done, detailed and the panel lines are deep....excellent for a pin wash :smiling3:

As on the box art, I will paint it on the winter markings.

Ok!! Let’s start it this afternoon ;)

Polux

View attachment 95123

First flying in 1939, the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 proved to be an immediate threat to the RAF fighters when introduced in late 1941, being faster and more manoeuvrable than the Spitfire V then in service.

The F-8 was the ground attack version and differed primarily in the removal of the outboard cannons. Various combinations of under wing weapons were fitted, but the most common was one centreline bomb and four small bombs on the wings.

a02066-box.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be nice to see what you do to this one Polux,cannot wait to see the

finish ;) what magic you will do

P

Polux

Yep!

Well, the first step....the cockpit :smiling3:

For a 1/72 scale model, my opinion is that the detail level is more than correct, but I want to add some complements for a major visuality final colour, once finished, so I have added some EP from old kits. The seat bealts are not finished and glued, just for a better later paintwork ;)

Thanks for looking

Polux

View attachment 95145

DSC_0591.JPG

D

dubster72

That looks good Polux, although I'm thinking much of that won't be visible after construction!

But we know it's there ;) !

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Polux,nice work on the cockpit,looks great, ;)

D

dubster72

The belts look great Polux! Hmm I dunno if I can be bothered with making any for my 1/48 D-11....

P

Polux

Thanks guys and gal!

It's true...won't see any of it! But, like Patrick said, we know it's there :D

I'm learning, so I had to try it ;)

P

Polux

Yep!

Take care Spitfire pilots.....I have much better gun barrels now :smiling3: I hacked the original plastic “gun base” and made a 0,8 mm hole, then I added this little metallic piece. Looks much better now ;)

View attachment 95241

And just the first wash on the landing gear set. Tomorrow I will add another less dark.

View attachment 95242

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_0613.JPG

DSC_0621.JPG

First Name
Aaron
Polux I've never seen that box before...the art is very nice, I'd choose that option also it looks beast. Lookin great so far bro.

P

Polux

Update :smiling3:

I primed the plane with Vallejo light grey.

View attachment 95331

The problem is I haven’t the needed grey colour for the lower side. The most similar I have is the medium sea grey or the hellblau....and both are incorrect. The pity is I can’t obtain it until Wednesday... :sad: and I don’t want to stop it. But if I paint on sea grey, Steve never will talk me again :D

Polux

DSC_0645.JPG

D

dubster72

How about using the hellblau & then shading the panels in a thin spray of white Polux? That would look good

T

Tone M

Great job so far Polux ;)

It's a gift being able to do justice on such a tiny scale :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
How about using the hellblau & then shading the panels in a thin spray of white Polux? That would look good
I have been taking a look at the Steve colour....and looks more similar as my primer coat than the Hellblau :eek: I like your idea Patrick, my Stuka was painted on Hellblau and looks nice after the washes and others.

Mmmmm......I don't know what to do :sad: