Focke Wulf Fw190 F8 (1/72 Airfix)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I reckon if you add a bit of grey or even white to your colour, which is supposed to be an equivalent for RLM 78, the tropical underside colour, you would be close to RLM 76 which is what you want.

Cheers

Steve.

G

GruntZone360

Looks cool so far! One question though, is it better to paint parts of the model before putting it together or is it better to put it all together then painting it?

First Name
Aaron
Good luck with getting the right paint mate...The fw 190 I want to build is Grey in some pics and green in others. Terrifying.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work so far Polux. I have this kit, so watching to see how you get on with your one.

P

Polux

Thanks Steve.

I will prove a little experiment today, if it works, I will paint all the set then :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Looks cool so far! One question though, is it better to paint parts of the model before putting it together or is it better to put it all together then painting it?
The both options are fine!

Sometimes is better to paint small pieces before and then add to the main set. Anyway, everyone has his preferences :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Good luck with getting the right paint mate...The fw 190 I want to build is Grey in some pics and green in others. Terrifying.
Aaron this is a problem with late war aircraft as their was a transition to new colours and the allies were bombing the sh*t out of the aircraft factories causing logistical problems. If you let me know which one you are planning to do, I can at least give you an educated guess of what the colours would have been. In the absence of a good coloured image sometimes we can only go by other 'circumstantial' evidence, but a lot of new research has been done in the last few years.

Cheers

Steve

G

GruntZone360

\ said:
The both options are fine!Sometimes is better to paint small pieces before and then add to the main set. Anyway, everyone has his preferences :smiling3:
Thanks!

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Aaron this is a problem with late war aircraft as their was a transition to new colours and the allies were bombing the sh*t out of the aircraft factories causing logistical problems. If you let me know which one you are planning to do, I can at least give you an educated guess of what the colours would have been. In the absence of a good coloured image sometimes we can only go by other 'circumstantial' evidence, but a lot of new research has been done in the last few years.Cheers

Steve
Thank you Steve,I chose Prillers fw as my favourite paint option. Any help in tamiya or Vallejo colours would be appreciated.

I don't want to mess with your thread Polux, pls forgive my intrusion.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Aaron. I've PMed you.

Steve

P

Polux

\ said:
.I don't want to mess with your thread Polux, pls forgive my intrusion.
Don't worry mate ;)

This is the "essence" of the forum...share information :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Don't worry mate ;) This is the "essence" of the forum...share information :smiling3:
Hi Polux, Aaron is contemplating a Fw 190 A-5 which is a bit easier for camouflage as it would almost certainly have had the standard RLM 74/75 over 76 scheme.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

I will wait for the correct colour Steve! ;)

I'm testing different options(Typhoon build) so I can wait until wednesday.

S

Skipper

Hmm.nice job...im looking for finish

Odoslané z GT-N7100 pomocou Tapatalku

P

Polux

Ha! Finally!!

I have the litchblau RLM76!!! I'm wishing to arrive home and start to shake the bottle :D

Nobody will stop me now :P

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Ha! Finally!!I have the litchblau RLM76!!! I'm wishing to arrive home and start to shake the bottle :D

Nobody will stop me now :P
Make sure the tops on correctly Polux we wouldn't want you to spill it all :smiling3: :smiling3: