First Name
Barry
Fokker Dr.1 Replica

G-BEFR

ff40e690.jpg

ff610650.jpg

ff8106f0.jpg

ffa11410.jpg

Said to be one of the most accurate of the replica Fokker Dr.1 Triplanes was G-BEFR,the aircraft used to give a superb display in the hands of Robin Bowles.

The aircraft was built by Vivian Bellamy vintage aircraft restorer and builder at Lands End airfield to original Fokker drawings.

B

Bunkerbarge

What a stunning machine. That must be quite a sight taking off at the end of the field and banking over the trees.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Sadly this one is no more Richard,a tragic crash put paid to it when the fin/rudder detached in flight during a display,a friend is building one which should fly this spring,he has managed to get the registration G-FOKK for it and will keep her at Old Warden,the home of the great Shuttleworth collection of old aeroplanes.

What a stunning machine. That must be quite a sight taking off at the end of the field and banking over the trees.

B

Bunkerbarge

It must be fascinating to watch such a machine being built in a similar way to the original using thier techniques and materials.

I once saw a program about such a replica, I think it was a Tiger Moth, and the process of applying the canvas and treating it was unbelievable.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Just like a big model Richard,many Tiger Moths have been converted into replicas,the Tiger has a welded steel fuselage that unbolts behind the cockpit just like a Meccano set and this is where the replica aircraft scored,some Rumplers were made for the 'Lawrence of Arabia' film,and some Fokkers for a film called 'Villa Rides' covering a Tiger Moth in fabric ( Irish linen ) is a real experience,I will go into this further in due course you will find it interesting.

D

davewaerofoils

Hey all !

I have a whole bunch of un-opened "build the red barons fighter plane" magazines by Hachette complete with the parts still in sealed bags to be sold.

specifically episodes

48 through 55

57 through 64

66 through 69

75, 78 through 83.

located in England TW5 0TJ

offers to me davewaerofoils@yahoo.com

C

Calle

There is a swedish amazing builder and pilot who built the most exact replica of the Fokker Triplane. I just found one pic so far but there are more out there for sure: http://www.wheelsnwings.se/Views/Images/Default.aspx

This guy has built the plane exactly as it was originally. No modern avionics and even if there are "mishaps" in the original construction - he even built them in! He has also constructed an exact replica of the old swedish plane "Tummelisa" and it is incredible what this guy has accomplished. I for one take a deep bow!