Frankly my dear ...

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Just finished this one today. A boxed vignette using two sets of the Andrea figures depicting Rhett and Scarlett.

The background is a scene from the film - the burning of Atlanta scene, the 'film' was made from thin plastic card, fortunately I found a punch about the rights size for the sprocket holes.

04B574B6-EC9F-41B3-A051-FE54648865D3.jpeg

it was a fun project, and a bit of a conversation piece.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is brilliant. Very clever, very different and superbly done.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s great, and the display shows true creativity. Well done Peter :thumb2:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thanks guys.

the nice thing about boxed dios - you don't have to worry about the backs of the figures!

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Stunning idea and execution, very imaginative.
Blown away ......... just getting my coat and leaving.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
It was a fun project, but more woodworking than modelling. The process for the build was:

1 - rather than scan the box art I copied the photo on the Historex Agents website
2 - pasted it in Word and sized the photo so the photo was exactly the same size as the figures, then printed 3 copies.
3 - using bits of card I worked out the size of the frame for the whole figures.
4 - using a piece of A4 paper I cut a strip of 'film' containing three full frames, behind each of these was fixed one of the printed pictures of the model. The result was a full size (54mm) strip of film of 3 frames each with a photo of the model in place.
5 - using bits of card I worked out where the upper and lower frames would be cut, and where the second set of figures would be cut
6 - the 'film frame' of one and two half frames was cut from a sheet of plastic card, sprocket holes punched out and the 'film' sprayed matt black.
7 - one set of figures cut with a hacksaw.
8 - all the figures painted and put in place.

The modelling was only a tiny part of the project. phew!

Peter

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
It was a fun project, but more woodworking than modelling. The process for the build was:

1 - rather than scan the box art I copied the photo on the Historex Agents website
2 - pasted it in Word and sized the photo so the photo was exactly the same size as the figures, then printed 3 copies.
3 - using bits of card I worked out the size of the frame for the whole figures.
4 - using a piece of A4 paper I cut a strip of 'film' containing three full frames, behind each of these was fixed one of the printed pictures of the model. The result was a full size (54mm) strip of film of 3 frames each with a photo of the model in place.
5 - using bits of card I worked out where the upper and lower frames would be cut, and where the second set of figures would be cut
6 - the 'film frame' of one and two half frames was cut from a sheet of plastic card, sprocket holes punched out and the 'film' sprayed matt black.
7 - one set of figures cut with a hacksaw.
8 - all the figures painted and put in place.

The modelling was only a tiny part of the project. phew!

Peter
I'd never have thought of doing that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Pete

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Gavin. richard, Steve - thanks fof the compliments

Pete - part of the fun is trying to work out a solution to an 'odd' idea - it's surprising how useful bits of cardboard can be!

Peter