Fujimi Williams FW16 San Marino in box pics

M

Mike Mullins

Hi, I have this as well - and know what you mean. I have started it but it's going very slowly now. Did you mention the Modelers Site pdf articles? I've looked at these and wondered whether to get one.

Regards

Mike

M

munkster

Yeah, I did post about that on the "pre-broken" forum but no one seemed that bothered about them - and this F1M forum "Work in Progress" thread (The F1M Forums • View topic - Williams FW16, Fujimi 1/20) seems to be a good reference - his finished product wasn't so bad either!! (The F1M Forums • View topic - Williams FW16, Fujimi 1/20)

Have you bough the Rothmans decals to make it "proper" - there seems to be two main options; Indycals and Tabu? How about the blue paint? I am toying with getting the "Zeropaints" stuff from Hiroboy but they're not cheap, especially since they have a £10 minimum spend so would have to make up the difference somehow which is a bit irritating.

Will be interested to hear how you're getting on? Any pics?? :smiling:

Last edited:
M

Mike Mullins

I bought the Tabu gold foil decals and paint from Hiroboy so no problem with the £10. The gold is a bit bright and I guess incorrect. I'm still practising spraying and, per your original post, I don't want to commit until I'm happy that I'm getting it right.

I've been modelling F1 cars for years but since I've been looking at models on the forum I've realised how much more I need to learn and improve. I don't really want to post photo's until I'm happier with what I'm achieving - but it will come! (I will need to learn how to upload photo's as well!)

I'd still be keen to hear from anyone who's used the pdf articles, I think they look quite good on the site.

Mike