Furious

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Oh, nice, forgot about the T and S fight. Nice to see in the film a real Tiger used.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice they look better than the mock ups they used for that scene in the movie :P

This is interesting, I also like to build the odd movie star :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Oh, nice, forgot about the T and S fight. Nice to see in the film a real Tiger used.
Si:smiling3:
It was great to see although it only moved forward 6 feet and backward 3 feet in reality it would of moved all over the place and turned everyone of those shermans into mince meat , that's ground beef to our colonial cousins :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
It was great to see although it only moved forward 6 feet and backward 3 feet in reality it would of moved all over the place and turned everyone of those shermans into mince meat , that's ground beef to our colonial cousins :D
True, in reality they all would have been finished without ever even seeing him.

They would have never moved out of cover for some ridiculous charge. Also "tactics used by ALL soldiers on ground from both sides were purely suicidal! If they really fought like that there would have been no one to win or lose the war, they;d all have been dead! Inconceivable that the Germans would have sacrificed SO MANY men on an immobile tank and five sitting duck crewman. They simply would have put a panzerfaust up their a## from a distance {50 mtrs or so} just for good measure and have been done with them probably without a single loss. But to his credit "The Pitts" hair was always seductively combed even after removing his headgear! :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Don't forget it was a Sherman that knocked-out Michael Wittman & his troop of Tigers ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Don't forget it was a Sherman that knocked-out Michael Wittman & his troop of Tigers ;)
Don't forget tank tactics ,

1 the tiger is hidden

2 it should have taken out the first tank

3 then the last tank boxing the others in

The two stuck in the middle would of had to pivot to get out from two burning tanks then the tiger breaks cover using the confusion to target the third tank leaving one one which by now is mobile but has no idea where the tiger is and is left exposed and then the tiger takes him out

Total battle time 4 minuets

That's what should of happened but this is a film and reality is very different ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Don't forget tank tactics ,
1 the tiger is hidden

2 it should have taken out the first tank

3 then the last tank boxing the others in

The two stuck in the middle would of had to pivot to get out from two burning tanks then the tiger breaks cover using the confusion to target the third tank leaving one one which by now is mobile but has no idea where the tiger is and is left exposed and then the tiger takes him out

Total battle time 4 minuets

That's what should of happened but this is a film and reality is very different ;)
Reality + Hollywood = FAIL!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
True, in reality they all would have been finished without ever even seeing him.
They would have never moved out of cover for some ridiculous charge. Also "tactics used by ALL soldiers on ground from both sides were purely suicidal! If they really fought like that there would have been no one to win or lose the war, they;d all have been dead! Inconceivable that the Germans would have sacrificed SO MANY men on an immobile tank and five sitting duck crewman. They simply would have put a panzerfaust up their a## from a distance {50 mtrs or so} just for good measure and have been done with them probably without a single loss. But to his credit "The Pitts" hair was always seductively combed even after removing his headgear! :rolleyes:
That did make me laugh the last battle , they could have just thrown down smoke and sneaked up on it ,maid you see how many panzerfaust they had , it was laughable but it was an entertaining film I must admit although it was over acted

I think Mr wikwiky cried so much because he was missing bumblebee :D

C

chris2681

I actually thought from the tiger's perspective that the battle was pretty believable except for one detail. So here goes. The tiger knocks out the first Sherman from its ambush position. The other shermans come through the hedgerow to engage the tiger and fire smoke to block the tigers sight. While the tiger is blind they move forward to close the distance , which is needed to have a chance of taking the tiger out. The tiger moves forward outa the smoke to engage the shermans. Tiger crews had that confidence to take on three shermans at once knowing their frontal armor could withstand the American 75 and even 76mm guns. I liked how they made the tiger only vulnerable from the rear with the frontal shots bouncing off. Many a Sherman commander has said this to be true, that tigers and even panthers were close to impossible to knock out head on. Now possibly the only thing I have a (small) problem with is this. The tiger crews at that time of the war were trained and knew to target the tanks that had longer gun barrels. The fact that the tiger fired upon the two shermans with their shorter barreled 75mm guns before targeting "Fury" with the long 76mm gun doesn't make sence to me. But I guess if that happened , it would have been a pretty short movie. At that time in 1945, Sherman "fireflys" were a significantly more dangerous opponent for tigers and panthers with their 17pdr (76.2mm) guns than the American counterparts. Its been said that fireflys could penetrate tigers frontal armor at distances less than 200m, and could penetrate the sides and rear at over 500m. Fyi since the topic of Michael Wittmann came up, its believed that A Squadron 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry, A Squadron the Sherbrooke Fusilier Regiment , and B Squadron 144 Regiment Royal Armored ambushed Wittmanns tigers and it was a FIREFLY that dealt the shell that killed Wittmann and his crew , not a American lighter punching Sherman.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I actually thought from the tiger's perspective that the battle was pretty believable except for one detail. So here goes. The tiger knocks out the first Sherman from its ambush position. The other shermans come through the hedgerow to engage the tiger and fire smoke to block the tigers sight. While the tiger is blind they move forward to close the distance , which is needed to have a chance of taking the tiger out. The tiger moves forward outa the smoke to engage the shermans. Tiger crews had that confidence to take on three shermans at once knowing their frontal armor could withstand the American 75 and even 76mm guns. I liked how they made the tiger only vulnerable from the rear with the frontal shots bouncing off. Many a Sherman commander has said this to be true, that tigers and even panthers were close to impossible to knock out head on. Now possibly the only thing I have a (small) problem with is this. The tiger crews at that time of the war were trained and knew to target the tanks that had longer gun barrels. The fact that the tiger fired upon the two shermans with their shorter barreled 75mm guns before targeting "Fury" with the long 76mm gun doesn't make sence to me. But I guess if that happened , it would have been a pretty short movie. At that time in 1945, Sherman "fireflys" were a significantly more dangerous opponent for tigers and panthers with their 17pdr (76.2mm) guns than the American counterparts. Its been said that fireflys could penetrate tigers frontal armor at distances less than 200m, and could penetrate the sides and rear at over 500m. Fyi since the topic of Michael Wittmann came up, its believed that A Squadron 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry, A Squadron the Sherbrooke Fusilier Regiment , and B Squadron 144 Regiment Royal Armored ambushed Wittmanns tigers and it was a FIREFLY that dealt the shell that killed Wittmann and his crew , not a American lighter punching Sherman.
True but any prepared and competent tank commander, as SS commanders certainly were would have IMO either moved laterally or reversed to a prepared "fallback" position and waited for the enemy to move forward through the smoke and repeated the process IMHO, but in the fog and confusion of battle who can say for sure. Oh! on another note I feel our yanks were given a bad shake by Hollywood {what else is new} showing them as heartless and jocular participants in the forcing of a private by an NCO to murder an unarmed, surrendered POW begging for his life. While I'm sure countless atrocities were committed during the war, I feel this scene was totally uncalled for and absolutely disgraceful! This certainly WAS NOT the norm among allied troops.

C

chris2681

\ said:
True but any prepared and competent tank commander, as SS commanders certainly were would have IMO either moved laterally or reversed to a prepared "fallback" position and waited for the enemy to move forward through the smoke and repeated the process IMHO, but in the fog and confusion of battle who can say for sure. Oh! on another note I feel our yanks were given a bad shake by Hollywood {what else is new} showing them as heartless and jocular participants in the forcing of a private by an NCO to murder an unarmed, surrendered POW begging for his life. While I'm sure countless atrocities were committed during the war, I feel this scene was totally uncalled for and absolutely disgraceful! This certainly WAS NOT the norm among allied troops.
I do agree with you there. But ya never know , what happened out there. War wasn't as nicey nice as it is now. Now the enemy can fire upon our troops and kill then retreat and we aren't allowed to engage a retreating enemy. We have to wait for them to regroup later and attack again before we fire back!!!!! Hence the reason why wars are never won anymore.

C

chris2681

And as far as this idea for a diorama, I don't like it one bit! I think you should give me the easy8 instead so I can make it into Fury and do the scene at the end of the movie. Just a thought? o_O

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the idea for the dio,even if its not real or i can be a what if this happened,:rolleyes:

will look forward to seeing it, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It is a film chaps made for entertainment purposes.
Dave
I'm afraid this was made to show realism , it says on the back of the DVD it's the most honest war film ever made ,

But I agree it's entertainment

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I do agree with you there. But ya never know , what happened out there. War wasn't as nicey nice as it is now. Now the enemy can fire upon our troops and kill then retreat and we aren't allowed to engage a retreating enemy. We have to wait for them to regroup later and attack again before we fire back!!!!! Hence the reason why wars are never won anymore.
Listen to me young Grasshopper, NO armed conflict is nice in any way, shape or manner. I never stated that there were no barbaric acts committed in war. What I was attesting to was the bias portrayed by Hollywood elites against our valiant and heroic American troops during that God awful conflagration! These same un-American wastes of oxygen are not fit to drink the p*** of our greatest generation ! But did you notice the one soldier who did deem to show mercy ? AN SS SWINE!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
And as far as this idea for a diorama, I don't like it one bit! I think you should give me the easy8 instead so I can make it into Fury and do the scene at the end of the movie. Just a thought? o_O
I would but you would only ruin it!

C

chris2681

\ said:
Listen to me young Grasshopper, NO armed conflict is nice in any way, shape or manner. I never stated that there were no barbaric acts committed in war. What I was attesting to was the bias portrayed by Hollywood elites against our valiant and heroic American troops during that God awful conflagration! These same un-American wastes of oxygen are not fit to drink the p*** of our greatest generation ! But did you notice the one soldier who did deem to show mercy ? AN SS SWINE!
I didn't mean war is nice I was saying that I don't agree with our modern war policies. We are talking about fury, not letters from Iwo Jima. I thought it portrayed our men as brave and heroic , one barbaric scene where Brad shot the SS soldier was not imo showing our men in a bad light. They were portraying battle hardened men who saw more atrocities then we could ever imagine, so to believe that it occasionally happened to me is believable.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I didn't mean war is nice I was saying that I don't agree with our modern war policies. We are talking about fury, not letters from Iwo Jima. I thought it portrayed our men as brave and heroic , one barbaric scene where Brad shot the SS soldier was not imo showing our men in a bad light. They were portraying battle hardened men who saw more atrocities then we could ever imagine, so to believe that it occasionally happened to me is believable.
KAPITULAREN NIEN !! :mad: