General Guidelines for the GB's

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
We are trying to have a tidy up and sort out on the forum and some things have been removed, some things moved and new things created. The GB section is on of them
Here are a few points.
All the old GB's i.e. Not suggested by users are now in the OLD GB SECTION should you wish to have a look back.
All the GB's that have been the result of a Members suggestion are the NEW GB SECTION.

General "Cover all Guide lines" for GB's:

Unless the person suggesting the GB says otherwise;

All entries threads must contain the builders name (or user name), the name of the kit, the scale and make.
Anything else such as creative titles and the such are to be contained in the first post. Titles can and will be edited if they do not comply with this simple request.
With regard to diorama and or scratch builds, the members name, Title of the subject and the scale will suffice. (As in Ambush in the Ardennes, 1/35 and NOT Two M4A3E8 Tamiya 1/35 attacked in the Ardennes by a Sd.Kfz.182, Meng 1/35, hidden in the trees Scratch built ).
The Box art and sprue shots are, as much as possible, to be included in the early posts Before building starts. Not so much as proof that the kit is new and not started but because it is good to see the plastic "befor and after". This also is a hint at models should be new and not started.
A GB subject can be built as is, or on a simple base. Or a Diorama.

Try to post as many photos and texts as you can of your build. It is a group build. A start and a finish is not really much of a read .LOL.
As before, a teaser shot or two of the finished build at the end of the build and as many photos in the relevant completed section* as you feel are needed.

* Each completed section of the forum has a "completed GB" section. Post them there with the same title as the build with the GB name on the end. There are plenty of examples to follow.

Hope that this helps and look forward to seeing more great builds in the Group Builds.
If you feel there is something that need adding here please reply here and I can add it to the 'huge' list of guild lines.
Ian M​

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ian. All makes sense to me, however(there’s always a however ;) ) even in a single subject GB sprue shots are good because different scales, different manufacturers and different models within that manufacturers range can then be compared. Personally I would like to see sprue shots for every build…….everybody else will probably think I’m a nutter, but then, I am quite used to that:smiling5:

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Problem with that Tim, is almost everything I build comes pre assembled. In the past I have disassembled the subject model to show it in pieces but in most cases there are no sprues. :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It all sounds good to me Boss. I can agree there will sometimes be some exceptions, such as in Rick's case, with 1/87 stuff. I also agree with Tim and see nutter wrong with that either. I enjoy seeing the sprue shots for kits too...

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have removed the bit about not needing sprue shots in some builds..
Problem with that Tim, is almost everything I build comes pre assembled. In the past I have disassembled the subject model to show it in pieces but in most cases there are no sprues. :thumb2:
Not quite sure I follow you there. But as the saying goes the are always exceptions to the rule, that's why we have guidelines instead.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I have removed the bit about not needing sprue shots in some builds..
Not quite sure I follow you there. But as the saying goes the are always exceptions to the rule, that's why we have guidelines instead.
I get it Ian. Roco 1/87 stuff came pre made and Rick has to break it down to remake it to what he wants……forgot that when I made the comment. It came on a sprue once, but not by the time it got to Rick :tongue-out3: