German F-104G Starfighter

F

Franck

I'll be building a 1/72 Academy German F-104G Starfighter kit once my upcoming round of exams are over. I'll be covering everything from un-boxing to painting. As a bonus, a friend of mine will be building one as well, and it will be her first model. (Hopefully it's the beginning of a slippery slope) ;)

So, here's the kit. Once I start the build, I'll post more!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice Steven , I always liked the look of the starfighter in the german splinter scheme , dont think Ive seen Academys one built either, so I'll be watching with interest , cheers Tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I quite like Academy. And the 104. It'll be nice to see this one built.

F

Franck

\ said:
Nice Franck, love a Starfighter!Cheers

Patrick
Thank you, I always loved seeing them in museums and what not as well. :smiling3:

\ said:
Great choice Steven , I always liked the look of the starfighter in the german splinter scheme , dont think Ive seen Academys one built either, so I'll be watching with interest , cheers Tony
I don't think I've ever heard of the "splinter scheme", is that the one displayed on the box? If so, I suppose I could try that one. I'll be sure to try and capture it as best I can :P

\ said:
I've never seen that Academy '104 either; is it a new tool?
I'm not quite sure, I tried to take a look at the mold itself, and I couldn't find any information. The box model number is 12443, so if you'd like to look into it, I'm curious to know about it myself. ;)

\ said:
I quite like Academy. And the 104. It'll be nice to see this one built.
I do hope so :P

This is quite an old kit from Academy...quite hard to find in my local hobby store over here.

Watching with great interest...I have a 1/144 and the paint scheme is very nice.

F

Franck

\ said:
This is quite an old kit from Academy...quite hard to find in my local hobby store over here.Watching with great interest...I have a 1/144 and the paint scheme is very nice.
Its hard to find? I picked it up at my usual shop in Aachen for 7 euros. Anyhow, I'll start writing and posting pics as soon as exams are over :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

Nice aircraft, they made a funny hollow sound when you saw them at the air shows. Cheers Derek