Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi folks.

I can't remember whether I posted pics of this from 4ground models:

IMGP2158.JPG IMGP2159.JPG IMGP2160.JPG IMGP2161.JPG

I built this probably a couple of years ago with the intention of putting it on a base with some extras and some 'Wild West' type figures. I haven't been able to find any figures that I liked, but I wanted something for this GB - so just did the first bit. It's nothing special, but I enjoyed it.

IMGP2162.JPG IMGP2163.JPG IMGP2164.JPG IMGP2165.JPG IMGP2166.JPG IMGP2167.JPG IMGP2168.JPG

My apologies for the poor pics. I'll try and get some better ones later today.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that,s great Dave,I do real like it a lot,real nice
frame work,and like the setting,very well done,good job,;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job dave! I love the building and the dio is excellent. Tell you what though those cowboys must be hungry after building all that timber frame , what they could do with is a big pan of hearty soup .. oh hang on . The fire effect is fantastic , really intense colours. Cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for the nice comments folks. Some better pics as promised:

IMGP2171.JPG IMGP2173.JPG IMGP2174.JPG IMGP2175.JPG IMGP2176.JPG IMGP2177.JPG IMGP2178.JPG IMGP2179.JPG

I've just spotted a few places where the blue base is showing through. I'll fix these if I ever find some figures to add.

N

noble

That's a great looking building there Dave, and a nice little diorama needs some figures I think.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Mines a pint (hic!) Great work some figures would give some more life to but still a good dio

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's great Dave. Something different too.
It takes me back to the late 70's, when this type of building started to be used for house construction. My mate and I built (No, put together) the first one in Chester, and being a bit of a novelty, the Duke of Westminster was invited to opened it. We were on the site on the day of his arrival (Presumably just in case the thing fell down) and were ushered into a large shed, and told to stay there. His Lordship did his bit, ate some sandwiches and left. We were eventually released.....
Did we get any left over food or drink? No chance. The drinks disappeared into the boss's cars. The sandwiches? They were thrown into a pile on the ground for the birds!
Such was the lot of 'Common builders.' back then.

Sorry to digress from your excellent model, Dave.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys.

Scott & Peter - You're right about it needing some figures. I did get some white metal ones but I wasn't at all happy with them. I'm still looking.

Ian & Peter - What makes you think it's going to be a saloon? Is it the jug of sippin' whisky sat on top of the toolbox?

Ron - I'm not sure the lot of the 'Common builder' has changed much. I read a news article some weeks ago which said that 80% of the total wealth of the world is owned by just 1% of its population; leaving the other 99% - that's us - scrabbling about in the dirt for a share of the crumbs.