Gerry Anderson

S

starofwonder

Surely Gerry must be the ultimate hero of all sci fi modellers ?

B

Bunkerbarge

I remember a very long time ago seeing my very first episode of Thunderbirds. It was where the airliner (Fireflash?) couldn't land because it's wheels wouldn't come down so tractor units were provided by Thunderboird Two for the airplane to land on. I had never seen anything like it. I was completely mesmerised and blown away by the whole thing. The tractors were weathered, something I had never seen before, and the modelleing was at a level I could have only deamed of before that. Not only did it make me an instant Thunderbirds fan but it also put me firmly on the track of a lifetime of scale modelling.

S

starofwonder

he made a great tv series... UFO ... which was a kind of marriage of real actors and animation

but then, were nt the Godzilla movies in the same vein ?

B

Boldman

How can you compare Godzilla (great in its own tacky way) to the wonders of Gerry Anderson series???

UFO and Space 1999 were his mix of live action and models TV series (along with a handful of one-off movies like Journey to the Far Side of the Sun and Beyond Infinity), while The Protectors did away with the models (well except for Nyree Dawn Porter (phoar!))

have you checked out the Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum - Powered by vBulletin there is some great models there.

S

starofwonder

I must have caught the odd Godzilla movie on satellite, I was impressed by the

fakery .... wonder where they were filmed ... Hong Kong ?

S

seaspray

update UFO

Hi all

I see there is a new UFO movie in the making. Last time I checked on Fanderson it was at the stage of designing the screen introduction. and organizing an putting it together. Gery Anderson I believe will be involved it in which will make it an excellent movie unlike the last Thunderbirds movie which was crap. G.A. wasn't involved in that movie

Fanderson is the Gery Anderson fan site run by fans. check it out

K

Keith9657

They werent all great though. I can just about remember Four Feather Falls and Supercar. Fireball XL5 was my first favourite. However, I'd still sit down and watch them all again now.

Keith

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Aaaahhhhh(that is a contented sigh) Fireball XL5 flown by that great comander Steve Zodiac if Im not mistaken. But Iam very dissapointed in you lads. You all forgot to mention

STINGRAY

S

seaspray

Yep Steve Zodiac and Venus his partner also his co-pilot Robert the robot and Zoony. By the way Robert's voice was created at a university in Edinburgh

Stingray---super sub Troy Tempest, Phones and Marina also Commander Shore aaahh indeed

B

Boldman

Stand by for Action!

Within the next couple of months I will be building this kit:

in order to enter the September member's trophy competition at IPMS Farnborough - the theme is SciFi so since there seem to be a lot fo X-Wings and Tie Fighters being planned, I have to do something different :smiling3:

Of course the big problem with this kit is that there is no cockpit and no figures :sad:

M

mobear

i fancied marinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aqua marinaaaaaaa hahahahhaahha

mobear

K

Keith9657

I was more into Atlanta myself, or Venus from Fireball. Although now you mention it Ole, a woman who couldnt answer back! As you might have guessed SWMBO is not in the room at the moment.

Keith

B

blitzbob

I'd be interested in knowing more about september. In the mid 60s my dad took me to a boy's & girl's exhibition in london. apart from the Daleks being there, there was a Century 21 stand. And I'll always remember the 8' XL5 hanging up.

bob

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Stand by for Action!Within the next couple of months I will be building this kit:

in order to enter the September member's trophy competition at IPMS Farnborough - the theme is SciFi so since there seem to be a lot fo X-Wings and Tie Fighters being planned, I have to do something different :smiling3:

Of course the big problem with this kit is that there is no cockpit and no figures :sad:
Hi Andrew.....Dont know if I will get into trouble for this but Ill take a chance.. If you want some figures try looking at Steve Flowers model supplies. He does all the spare parts for people who restore the old Dinky/Corgi die cast. Im not sure what scale your Stingray is but if the scale is right you could repaint a Captain Scarlet figure to look like Troy.

Steve

S

seaspray

Maybe go a little further with the build in having the ratemaster simulated to look like its working and a build on the launch pad at Marineville underground site. That may bring in winning points for you.

Good info for figures Hawkerhunter.

Last edited:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good info for figures Hawkerhunter.

Yeah. Ive used them for some years now. I had a nostalgic period some years ago and got into collecting and restoring DINKY die cast.

Have some great Gerry Andreson DINKYs.

B

Boldman

ooo now that sounds interesting - are you going to post a work in progress thread? :smiling3: