handley page 'dart' herald

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi all here is my latest (but not greatest) ,the maquette kit of the h.p. herald turboprop airliner. This kit is a reissue of the ancient frog mouldings and does it show! there was so much flash im considering calling it my first vac form!!!! but after tons of filler and fettling it came out ok.The biggest problem was with the decals-firstly there werent enough stripes for the plane ,not even enough for one side!so i had to mask and paint the top 3 cheat lines (not easy when the two thin ones were 1.5mm and 0.5mm ,plus i had to mix the colour to match!) Then when it came to applying the decals most of them broke up on application , so the end result doesnt bear close scrutiny! All in all though it came out not bad but i'd get an aftermarket decal sheet if youre considering this kit. Thanks for having a pike ! ,cheers tony:plane:

View attachment 20668

View attachment 20669

View attachment 20670

View attachment 20671

View attachment 20672

P1050486 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050484 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050485 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050482 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050483 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

F

Fenlander

Looks a very clean build to me Tony. I have never really considered commercial aeroplanes, like most my first thoughts are military. Have to say though that the nice glossy paint job looks really good. That is what I hate about this site, just when you know exactly what you want to do, someone comes up with something that starts the "oooo, I wouldn't mind having a go at that".... :grinball2:

I have just finished reading through Ron's superb diorama build and then you come up with a shiny civilian aircraft that looks so good. Makes me head spin like a scene from the Exorcist lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey, top man, this is very nice with a cracking colour scheme. Wot 'and painted lines !?

Your talent knows no bounds nor your patience. Well done my mate on a super job...Have a great New Years Eve.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Looks a very clean build to me Tony. I have never really considered commercial aeroplanes, like most my first thoughts are military. Have to say though that the nice glossy paint job looks really good. That is what I hate about this site, just when you know exactly what you want to do, someone comes up with something that starts the "oooo, I wouldn't mind having a go at that".... :grinball2:I have just finished reading through Ron's superb diorama build and then you come up with a shiny civilian aircraft that looks so good. Makes me head spin like a scene from the Exorcist lol
cheers graham ,much appreciated.Yes this site does that to you ,I started out doing planes then after seeing some of the armour and dios it made me want to diversify a bit ,so i did a halftrack and have a dio in progress!! (plus a panzer and a bren carrier in the stash!)As yet ive not done a boat or sub,but seeing nobles superb 1/35 schnellboot ,you never know! thanks tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Hey, top man, this is very nice with a cracking colour scheme. Wot 'and painted lines !? Your talent knows no bounds nor your patience. Well done my mate on a super job...Have a great New Years Eve.

Ron
thanks ron , glad you like it. The decals really stretched my patience to the limit though, quite a few times it nearly had a maiden flight across the living room!!!!One positive thing though, it forced me to think how to solve the problem of the decals and gave me a bit more experience so it did me a favour really! cheers mate . tony

S

Sky Raider

Thats some nice work there Tony, great paint job, well done.

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
thanks andy, nice to have you back among us , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great looking aircraft - excellent model. Painting your own coach lines (or what ever the avaition equivalent is) ! what next ?