Hard to see parts what do you do?

First Name
Knut
Hi.
Just got back into modeling after a short 30 year break. Got myself some 1/48 airplanes from Eduard, new air brush, compressor, paints and tools so I’m ready to go. BUT I can see the small parts so I can’t really build anything. I’m 52 and had lens replacement surgery on both eyes 3 years ago. I can read well without glasses, but it is really hard to see the small parts as everything is quite shiny under the lights and the new lenses don’t handle this very well. I’m thinking I have to get some kind of magnifying glasses or something. Has anyone any experience with this or tips.

Thanks.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome Knut! I have a set similar to that suggested by Ian and they work well when necessary
Steve

First Name
Knut
Thanks guys. Never had an issue with this when I was younger, but that was a long time ago…. l will get me a pair of these.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome to the forum Knut. Totally agree with Ian and Steve. Decent lighting and some sort of magnification is what you need. Have a look at the Donegan Optivisor with a no.5 lens. I'm not sure if they are available in Norway but they are very good.

First Name
Knut
Thank you everybody for your feedback. I’ve ordered a pair like you recommend, luckily I have some 1/35 tanks I can build in the meantime