Hardening Blu-tac

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I am trying to think of a work around for something i need to scratch build for my Me262. The only viable way of 'designing' the item i want is to mold it in blu-tac. Once i have the shape do you think it could seal/harden it by giving it a coat of superglue? Would that make it hold it's shape?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not got any Karl. The amount i need is tiny. So buying something i am probably not going to use for ages again seems a bit overkill. I always have blu-tac around as i use it for masking

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Mold it or sculpt it? Maybe you could form it out of putty/filler.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I am trying to think of a work around for something i need to scratch build for my Me262. The only viable way of 'designing' the item i want is to mold it in blu-tac. Once i have the shape do you think it could seal/harden it by giving it a coat of superglue? Would that make it hold it's shape?
Wouldn't Das Clay be more suitable... and it'll harden up all by itself?! :smiling3:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Not got any Karl. The amount i need is tiny. So buying something i am probably not going to use for ages again seems a bit overkill. I always have blu-tac around as i use it for masking
If you want I can stick a few cm in the post.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Have you got any milliput alan ? That can be shaped once mixed and dries rock hard without shrinking . What is it youre trying to replicate ? Maybe theres something else you could use , like the combustion chambers from electrical cable