hasa 1/72 Apache

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is a quicky I am building for next IPMS MOY.

It willbe basically out the box but I will have to dress up the gun ,replace the side access ladder runs and have added lead foil seatbelts.

Hasagawa 1/72 AH-64 Apache longbow.

TheunsView attachment 94543

View attachment 94544

models 359.jpg

models 362.jpg

L

Laurie

Wow you are going a pace there Theuns.

I very much like helicopter building. Very interesting as there is usually so much going on.

Always surprises me that more are not smitten.

Laurie

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads.

Laurie I think people might look more to the sleek fast craft than the "ugly sister". I have flown in both tipes now , sometimes operationally and the ost fun I have ever had was in the SAAF's rotor wing transports.

I fly small fixed wing planes for fun, but if I had the $ I would without a doubt fly helos. The engineering and dynamics of them facanate me totally.

The closest I will come to "poling" a helo will be flying my RC helo LOL.

The one nice thing about this model is that the decals can go on in about 5 minutes there are only about 6 of them :smiling:

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

The few decals went on OK with mocrosol, I have shot on the mat coat, no silvering that I can see now.

I looked at many pix and there seems to be a vast variation in the finish, some have loads of stencling and some have no "US ARMY" just a tail #

Rotors assembled and painted gloss black, there are a few decals to go on then matcoat that.

I will try to weather it with dark green chalk pastels to look like the dust that collect on the places where paint touchups were done and where all sorts of fluids seep through.

Theuns

L

Laurie

Yes it is looking the part Theuns. Like that. It is going to look quite something on the shelf.

Like your shading work.

Laurie

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx, I used chalk pastel to ditry up some of the high trafic areas where oil, fuel and dirty hands/boots would collect dust and dirt on the airframe in desert areas.

Theuns

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice,do real like that murky green look,Theuns,and another look i like is that black looking one,s

just pain spooky :D

P

PirateOneOne

That is looking amazing Theuns, I'm a civilian Apache enthusiast, having lived and been schooled very close to the original AAC Apache Training Sqd. I love the added mounts you've made for the 30mm cannon.

Steve

D

dougie

Nice. I have an apache to build at some point, this gets me in the mood haha

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Lekker soos 'n "cracker"!! ;)

Very nicely done bub!

"Hoed'nam bom roller"