SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I need to build a Harrier, but I'm not sure I want to build the American one (quite fancy an early sea harrier) So, convince me, what's the detail like with this kit ?

D

delmonteman

I'm with you there Colin. Harrier's are awesome! I've only built the Tamiya 1/48 one but it wasn't what I expected from Tamiya! Turned out OK but I do fancy building a better one.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Mmmm, i'm going to watch this one come together.

Have fun, John

First Name
Chris
I recently built the Hasegawa 1/48 Gr.7 which was a very nice kit (although I didn't make the best job of it as it was my first modern fighter) but I'd highly recommend that kit even with its £30+ price tag.

Regards

Chris

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Never really fancied the Harrier as a build, I received a 1:144 one as a gift and it's still in the stash. I'll watch this one with interest and see if it inspires me to start it.

Tony.

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Colin

The kits not bad, but there are fit issues, since getting back into modeling I am convinced that no matter what kit you buy, there will always be fit issues.

I have finished this but the canopy was damaged, and trying to contact Hasegawa, but its a bit like treading treacle, so no photos of this yet, not until its finished.

I know Hasegawa has a good reputation so I should be ok, if your ok with using filler and rescibing the odd panel line then your ok, it’s a big jump up from the Airfix kit

T

tecdes

\ said:
I'm with you there Colin. Harrier's are awesome! I've only built the Tamiya 1/48 one but it wasn't what I expected from Tamiya! Turned out OK but I do fancy building a better one.
Building one at the moment & Gav I am very very unimpressed with Tamiya & it is my first Tamiya. Poor panel markings. Poor air intakes. All the landing gears or most come already built. Keep away.

So make me more miserable when I see yours Mike.

Laurie

D

delmonteman

Don't let it put you off Tamiya. It's the only really bad kit of theirs I've seen.

Sent using my fat thumbs and Tapatalk.

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Laurie

I will post a few shots in a few days just to show you this kit, but its with out the canopy attached,

Mike