Hasegawa 1/48 - Ju87B-2 'Stuka' Desert

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to show you recently finished model. A Hasegawa 1/48th scale Stuka bomber. As usual couple words about the kit first. It was quite old kit, but as you can expect from this manufacturer still nicely moulded and detailed. One downside was the decals. They were yellowish after all those years. I didn't pay any attention to it until I reached the level when I had to put them on.. Followed the advices online, I left them in the window for couple days, in the nights for couple hours left them in the UVB light. Still a bit yellowish I was desperate to finish it, so put them on and.. well, most of the yellow tint disappeared! MAGIC:smiling3:

Seatbelts homemade with masking tape and a bit of wire. Used only Eduard masks and swastikas by ExtraDecals.

Build was going fine until the very last things to do..

While matt-varnishing it, Stuka Diving (important word) Bomber took his first dive into the ground, The pilot didn't manage to pull up and the aircraft crashed quite badly.. Fortunately I found all the pieces and left the german engineers do the work and there it is two days later:

Enjoy!

stuka1.JPG

stuka13.JPG

stuka14.JPG

stuka15.JPG

stuka2.JPG

stuka3.JPG

stuka4.JPG

stuka5.JPG

stuka6.JPG

stuka7.JPG

stuka8.JPG

stuka9.JPG

stuka10.JPG

stuka11.JPG

stuka12.JPG

Thanks!

Bart

D

demon

Wow you were brave picking that colour scheme very nice I chickened out with my fieseler storch could you elaborate on how you did it did you use tape bits or fluid

Roger

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fabulous looking Stuka Bart. That camouflage scheme is very well done, and I'm glad the mechanics were able to put the Stuka back together again :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Excellent camo Bart! That must have taken a while to do ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job on the stuka,love the camo,a patten we just don,t see,

looks superb , :D lov it.

\ said:
Wow you were brave picking that colour scheme very nice I chickened out with my fieseler storch could you elaborate on how you did it did you use tape bits or fluid
Roger
Thanks! I didn't use neither tape or fluid. It was all brush work. I've airbrushed whole plane with green, then started to do the yellow lines. Thinned paint and 3 coates done the job. My hand was stiff next day but it was worth it.

\ said:
Excellent camo Bart! That must have taken a while to do ;)
It took about 7h of painting. Because it's quite a big plane, after I've finished one coat, I could start with second as the paint was dry already:smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic, Bart. Beautifully finished, and the canopy framing is exquisite!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Cracking job Bart .......... Superbly done. I like it a lot.

First Name
Robert
I built the 1/48 italeri Stuka couple of years ago but would love to build another with this camo/ or the tank buster version.

The decals look fantastic against the fabulous paintwork/camo and the underside looks brilliant with weathering and straining

Great build totally awesome

Robert

D

Dave1973

Excellent!

Cant see too much of the weathering on the top surfaces, subtle and good, but that camo job is eye candy! Amazing!

The weathering underneath looks really impressive!

I cant do planes, i suck bad at them, and you have done an absolutely outstanding job! Great build!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cracking stuka Bart, brilliant paint job.

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question but you say the green was airbrushed and you freehanded the yellow - with a hairy stick? as the hard edges are really good.

Hats off to your patience Sir.

Tony

P

Piakio

It is a true work of art :eek:, magnificent camo, Greetings ;)

\ said:
Cracking stuka Bart, brilliant paint job.
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question but you say the green was airbrushed and you freehanded the yellow - with a hairy stick? as the hard edges are really good.

Hats off to your patience Sir.

Tony
Correct, yellow with a hairy stick. Three coates, exactly the same shape and the edge should stay sharp.

Thanks everyone for good words, keeps me motivated:smiling3:

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
image.jpeg

Great job I remember doing a similar years ago i think it had a red and white snake emblem on its side oh for the internet here it is

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb aircraft Bart. that cammo. is another feather in us brush hand's cap.....Although you did cheat by air brushing the green, but as it's a terrific all round job, I'll forgive you;)