Hasegawa 1/48 JU87G-2 'Stuka'

First Name
Dave
This is my next build.Its the G-2 tank busting version of the infamous 'Stuka'.I will be doing it as an aircraft flown by Hitlers most decorated pilot and probably the most successful combat pilot in history,Hans Ulrich Rudel.The kit comes with decals for two of his aircraft.Ive bought an Eduard cockpit detail set.I only intended to get a seat belt set .But this set was only £4 ish and includes belts and a rather nice coloured instrument panel.Ive also got some turned brass barrels for the 37mm underwing cannon.These are very impressive and far better than the kits plastic items.So here are the usual sprue shots.Ive made a start spraying the cockpit parts with primer,then Vallejo RLM66.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
More 'Stukas'! You can never have too many :smiling3:

I don't know which one you are doing but the box art for 494110 (the aircraft that Rudel intentionally crashed when landing to surrender at Kitzingen) looks right, which is not always the case.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Steve.I intend finishing it as T6+AD (werk no. Not shown on painting guide).I remember building the Frog 1/72 kit in these markings when I was a teen.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My God! Stukas are like buses, you don't see one for ages and then...

The kanonvogel - a great aircraft. Looking forward to this one Dave I'm sure it's gonna look 'the Dog's'.

Cheers

P

First Name
Mike
Looking good so far Dave. Those brass cannon barrels will make a big difference.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start , i will be watching with interest Dave.:rolleyes:, like the PE and cannons,

First Name
Dave
I've spent the last two evenings assembling the cockpit and adding the PE to it.I haven't bothered with the tiny levers as I can hardly see them.And when I've fitted then on previous models I've always manage to knock them off!.Going to glue the fuselage together next.

First Name
Dave
That's the fuselage assembled,wings together and nose halves joined.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice bits and pieces there Dave. Well worth going to town on the detail bearing in mind the 'Greenhouse' that will be sitting on top.

First Name
Dave
Tonight I've sanded the wing and fuselage seams.Then I glued the wings ,nose and tailplanes to the fuselage.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You're not hanging about are you?

Good stuff, it's looking good.

Steve