Hasegawa 1/48 JU87G2 Stuka

First Name
Dave
Finally got this one finished.A nice kit but still needed a bit of filler.After I'd painted the cannon pods off the model I managed to drop one.The end of one of the brass barrels flew off into the darkest recesses of my shed!.So I had to buy another set.I was going to fit an antenna wire.But the aerial mast is very bendy,So it wouldn't have looked right.The model is finished in the markings of Hitlers most decorated pilot,Hans Ulrich Rudel.I read his autobiography many years ago.I seem to remember he destroyed over 500 Russian tanks.An incredible record.View attachment 84123

View attachment 84124

View attachment 84125

View attachment 84126

View attachment 84127

View attachment 84128

View attachment 84129

View attachment 84130

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

I like that a lot Dave, you've done an excellent job there.

I would say that your pictures aren't doing it justice though, apart from the last one. By the way, is that a Uhu in the background?

P

Polux

Always I have consider the Stuka one of the most "elegant" planes on the wwII. And this one looks specially very well done Dave. Is clean, with a fantastic paintwork and magnificent decal job.

Simply genial ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome build Dave, that splinter turned out nicely with the new paints. Great work.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice clean build there dave I hope my 1/24 scale version comes out just as good :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

I was just thinking the other day I must catch up with this, and here it is finished!

The Kanonen vogel looks really good. The camouflage colours really are close aren't they? But that is an accurate depiction.

Superb work

Paul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job, I do like a nice Stuka and this one fits the bill! I don't know about elegant but the sort of cleaned up version you've done (no dive brakes, bomb swing etc) must have looked very menacing if you were in one of those Soviet tanks, looking at those cannon (which look very good BTW)!

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Thanks for all your kind words.I enjoyed building this one.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like that a lot Dave, you've done an excellent job oh her and i think we all get that one or two, bits fly off never to been seen again, :rolleyes:

i like the looks of your furry friend down there , i bet he is thinking about jumping up :confused: :eek:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I like that a lot Dave, you've done an excellent job oh her and i think we all get that one or two, bits fly off never to been seen again, :rolleyes:i like the looks of your furry friend down there , i bet he is thinking about jumping up :confused: :eek:
The cat is called Phoebe.One of six cats we've got.When she was a kitten she used to sit on my modelling bench and watch me at work.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh how sweet and what a nice name, ,I have 3 , and they do the same, one try to sit in the smallest open box on the table so is so sweet,

could not ,not have them about ever so times they drive me mad, but still let them can and sit with me

,and eat my paint brushes or run off with some small part stuck on there fur gone for ever :D

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A very neat build. These stukas on this forum are great.

JOhn

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Dave. It has a certain presence about it - menacing maybe ?