Hasegawa 1/72 KI-46 "Dinah"

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is the cockpit of my 1/72 Dianh of the Imperial Japnese Army. I decided to put in crew as it will pose this plane "in flight" to preserve the nice clean lines of the airframe.

The kit is nicely detailed and so far the fit is exelent.

Theuns

View attachment 52975

models 085.jpg

First Name
Dave
A very streamlined aircraft.I remember seeing one that was in storage at RAF St.Athan when I was stationed there in the 1980's.i will be following your build with interest.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice theuns, a beautiful looking aircraft . Nice idea to have it in flight too , its going to look fantastic , cheers tony

N

noble

Nice job so far Theuns but the scale is a little too small for me to see so top notch for that alone.

scott

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx guys. My local model shop is selling a stack of "old stock" Hasa kits and I got this one for less than 1/2 price . I also scooped up a Hasa 1/48 F-86F-30 Sabre and a Hasa 1/48 Spit Mk9 E wing. ,all for less than half.

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Apart from the seperate nose section that might take a little work ,the rest is going well

I like the nicely detailed engines, they are quite visable inside the cowlings.

Theuns

View attachment 53024

models 087.jpg

A

AJay

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the finished build and some close-ups of that salt chipping.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great looking plane and you've done it justice so far.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Thuens its looking like a real tight build,looking forward to seeing the cammo!

T

T. van Vuuren

Sorry to dissapoint, but that is the extent of the cammo LOL!

This plane was of the Imperial Japanese Navy and was painted all over IJN Grey.

The decals are on, all 12 of them, seems the IJN never went overboard with markings. The decals were very thick and difficult to seat in place over the pannel lines, even micro sol did nothing to help :=(

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job theuns , a beautifully streamlined aircraft, it looks excellent in flight. 5 stars from me , cheers tony