Hawker Typhoon 247sq 1944 - Airfix 1/72

Z

Ziper_it

Hello mates,

Before proceeding further with the 1/24 Merlin for the Spit I decided to take a pause and build something simpler.

So I took this nice Airfix kit from the stash and started building OOB. Well, almost OOB: I just added some frame and boxes to the already nice wheel wells, added cuckoo doors to the radiator intake and recreated navigation lights and underside (I wanted to try this, not too bad I think).

I'm now trying, again for the first time to paint the camo free hand.

Here are some shots

View attachment 104971

View attachment 104973

View attachment 104974

View attachment 104967

View attachment 104968

View attachment 104969

View attachment 104970

Ciao,

Francesco

View attachment 104972

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far Francesco, I ses you have done some extra work on the chin intake.

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you mates, really appreciate your feedbacks.

I gave it another coat of gray slightly highlighting the gray. It looks much better now though the fading between grey/green it still too much especially for the scale (but I can live with it).

One question for you, what seat harness was mounted on this plane in Dec'44? I've seen different models but could not came to a conclusion.

Thanks,

Francesco

Z

Ziper_it

D

dubster72

Brilliant Francesco! I'd think that could be the Airfix 1/24 kit if I didn't know better!

I'd give you a great build, but the icon is missing!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like that ive built this kit and it's a great kit that goes together very well :smiling3:

I really like those two photos taken in Australia :D

C

Caledonia

Wish I could pre-shade as neatly, and get the results to show through as subtly as you. Lovely job on a classic aircraft.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Francesco, unsure if you have done a completed thread, but all I can give you is a Like even though it's worth more.

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you for your feedback.

Now moved under the completed section.

Francesco