He 219 1/32

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott nice start mate, always liked the look of this one ever since it was released, so if you don't mind, I'm going to be tagging along for this one buddy ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another 'Big German'! I shall definitely be watching this one come along.

Cheers

Steve

N

noble

Hi guys I am going to say that I very highly recommended this kit, the sections go together better than any kit I have ever made and I have not had to use filler once so far on seam lines. I will however say that they ask you to add 90g behind the cockpit to allow it to sit up that's not enough, I have used 110g behind the cockpit and a further 66g in each nacelle.

Scott

N

noble

Hi again folks a few hours of work and this is where I am up to, a few bits of fine filling but only a few, if all aircraft kits where like this one I'd be building more of them.

ScottWP_20160115_10_53_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20160115_10_53_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160115_10_53_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20160115_10_53_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160115_10_53_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160115_10_54_08_Pro.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good Scott and I'm pleased to know the build is OK as I've got one in the stash!

I'm a tad concerned about the weight you've added though. Will the undercarriage be strong enough to support it? I have a sneaky suspicion I've read a review somewhere saying it won't - I'll have a look over the weekend.

First Name
Robert
I built th 1/48 Version of the same kit and I really enjoyed the kit 100%. The paint schemes on these " Owls are the best I have seen.

Looking good Scott ( I would love to build another sometime ( 1/32 it's gonna be a big ass bird ) Stona watch out!!!!

I'm in for this one

Regards

Robert

N

noble

Well iam g

\ said:
Looking good Scott and I'm pleased to know the build is OK as I've got one in the stash!
I'm a tad concerned about the weight you've added though. Will the undercarriage be strong enough to support it? I have a sneaky suspicion I've read a review somewhere saying it won't - I'll have a look over the weekend.
Well iam going to do the struts on Monday so I will let you know.

Scott

D

dubster72

Definitely one of the prettiest planes of WWII, nice to see it's such a good kit to build.

What camo scheme are you going for Scott?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far Scott, that is an enormous looking kit. Hoping your landing gear can handle the payload :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looking good scott , its a very impressively sized kit isnt it . I agree with dave though about the weight , its a big heavy kit anyway and with over half a pound of weight added i would definitely get some metal undercarriage legs to avoid it doing the splits!! try these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAC-32069-Revell-1-32-Heinkel-He-219A-7-Uhu-White-Metal-Landing-Gear-/390854804866?hash=item5b00c30582:g:i4sAAOxyrrpTi6v- , cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's a lot of weight (I make it just over 6oz Tony :smiling3: ).

I've not seen this kit, but it sounds like there is nowhere right at the front, in the nose, for the weight to go? Obviously the further in front of the main undercarriage you can get it, the less is required.

Looking good. It was a good looking aircraft, even if it didn't quite live up to expectation.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
But did scott put 66 grams in EACH of the nacelles as well as the 110gram in the cockpit! he'll have to strengthen his shelves too!! :D :D

N

noble

Well if it collapses I will hang it from the ceiling although I may have to re enforce that too, slight error behind the cockpit is only 88g not 110g.

Scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Well if it collapses I will hang it from the ceiling although I may have to re enforce that too, slight error behind the cockpit is only 88g not 110g.
Scott
There are (expensive!) A/M metal undercarriage replacements available Scott - but I'll be b******d if I can find the review I thought I saw about the problem!:confused:

Mind you, I've just had a look at my kit and it would seem that you can add some metal pins inside the u/c parts - with a bit of tweaking. It certainly wouldn't hurt ......

N

noble

Hi folks, ok nervous moment iam now officially freaked out about the under carriage .......... So I have applied epoxy resin to every part of the gear and am going to allow it 24 hrs to dry, here are some pics.... Wish me luck.

ScottWP_20160116_21_02_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20160116_21_07_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20160116_21_07_11_Pro.jpg

F

Fenlander

Lovely looking aircraft Scott, doing a great job on it as usual ;)

N

noble

Cheers much appreciated, will post more pics tomorrow regarding the undercarriage.

Scott

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Great beast off a plane look forward to seeing the camo scheme