headlamps???

T

turboj

Hi there guys,

I just have a question about how I can make the headlamps on a 1/24 scale evo 5 look more realistic. I have made the body spotless (well, at least I find it that way) already, but my problem is the headlamps.

Do I paint the inside of the headlamps themselves or should I paint plastic area where they're supposed to go? I just find it so transparent and unrealistic, please let me know how you guys do it! Thanks!

Boj

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Boj,

I think that would depend on how the lights are moulded on this kit. If you can paint the insides...ie the chrome reflectors etc then this certainly does add to the realism on the finished model. Having made a full working set for a 1/10th Nissan Skyline R34 GTR (The one you can see as my avatar pic), it certainly does look the part.

Have a look at the pics on this link, the lights have been done on this one.

Mitsubishi Evo VI (1/24 Tamiya)

Regards.......Mark

A

alan2525

if you could post a photo of the lights in question it will help. I'd suggest painting the reflector at the back of the lamp silver, but it depends on how they are moulded in the kit.

Alan

T

turboj

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try to post the images when I find the time. Thanks for the link as well, it sure gave me an idea on how I'm going to approach this.

I think the best way to go about this is to paint the rear of the lamps where it will be placed. I'll be painting it chrome? I'll update you guys on how I finish the job!

Cheers!