Heavy Haulage - Boat Transport

First Name
Charles
This is my lastest construction is already underway (kinda) . This is a boat Haul. This is what I have put together for a total, eight hours. This will be behind a DAF xf 105 tractor.

I decided to start with the trailer to give me some motivation and I think it has exactly that. I think the trailer came out exactly as I had planned.. What do you guys think?

Will post pics of the tractor later.

The added details took me some time though but I think the results pleased me.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Charles have you not just took a photo of a real trailer and put it on a blue background . lol thats 1 hell of a build well done

T

treyzx10r

Wow that is a realistic looking trailer for sure! Excellent work Sir!

B

backonthecase

That's scratchbuilt.... I couldn't get that kind of result from a kit!! Very well done Charles! You really have an eye for the details and a talent to bring them to life!!

I think I'll take up knitting!!!

Stuart

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
..... and here's me muttering and moaning about having to scratch a control column for my Lanc! Wonderful work as usual Charles. That's the sort of talent that many of us dream about.

Gern

First Name
Charles
Thanks guys. Glad you liked the build.

A

andygh

You have a brilliant eye for realism, that's just perfect

First Name
Charles
I could not get the windshield any better than it already was after trying to remove the extra paint and scratches. So I just made it to look like it had been oversprayed with heavy mud/dirt/grime. I'll try and get the areas with the wipers to show through a little better. But this is how it looks after extensive hard work.

The complete build. Still have to add a few details to the tractor.

D

dm73

That is a stunning build, she looks like she's had a hard life. Just the boat to scratch now lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Stunning work charles, your scratchbuilding skills are unbelievable! I love the duct tape on the corner of the roof, damn those overhanging trees!!!LOL Are you going to treat us to a boat on the back or is it done? cheers tony

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Stunning work charles, your scratchbuilding skills are unbelievable! I love the duct tape on the corner of the roof, damn those overhanging trees!!!LOL Are you going to treat us to a boat on the back or is it done? cheers tony
Been thinking about it but it looks so good as is. But I will find one and see how it looks with it mounted.

B

Bunkerbarge

It's when you see builds like this that you realise just how much there still is to learn and improve. Absolutely stunning build and a masterclass in scratchbuilding, not to mention painting and finishing. This was a joy to watch going together and I'm looking forward to a boat just to continue the visual feast!

Thanks for taking the time to share it as well, simply brilliant.

First Name
Charles
Thanks for looking guys. Appreciate that you guys liked the build. We'll see if I can come up with a boat. It's gotta be either 1/24 or 1/25.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Charles, this is a truly wonderful work of art, I could pile on the superlatives, but would run out of room....

When viewing this, it makes me doubly honoured that you thought my scratch built Afghan house worthy of keeping for a reference!

Truly stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheers,

Ron

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Charles, this is a truly wonderful work of art, I could pile on the superlatives, but would run out of room....When viewing this, it makes me doubly honoured that you thought my scratch built Afghan house worthy of keeping for a reference!

Truly stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheers,

Ron
Thanks Ron. No doubt on this end Ron. That piece you did was fantastic. I view that piece once in a while as to keep my brain churning away for ideas for my next build. ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That just adds the icing to the cake! Another truly wonderful combination.

I appreciate you like your 1/24 scale, but I wonder if you could be tempted to do something like this:

Trumpeter 00211 MAZ-537G intermediate type

I know it's smaller than your usual scale, but it's still a truck .....

Gern

First Name
Charles
\ said:
That just adds the icing to the cake! Another truly wonderful combination.I appreciate you like your 1/24 scale, but I wonder if you could be tempted to do something like this:

Trumpeter 00211 MAZ-537G intermediate type

I know it's smaller than your usual scale, but it's still a truck .....

Gern
Now that is a sweet combo. Would not mind building that.