Heller 1/72 airacobra finished now ready for take off """"""""""

P

phikoleoputra

You can make them more than decent John with your skill and all :smiling3: Have fun mate

D

dubster72

Another one John? :P you've made purses from pigs ears before, so I'm sure this will be the same!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Blue or olive drab not sure unless my eyes deceive me the box art shows blue but a search on the web shows olive drab mmmmmm what to do any ideas or input greatly appreciated cheers john

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Blue, do something different, 99% are always olive drab.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Olive Drab is correct. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this old kit John, this is right up my alley.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Like the look of the blue myself Si but a think it's going to be yet another olive drab version :confused: Joe I know you have some old kits from your post in another thread (how big is your stash) I myself have quite a few old kits and love building them to see what you can make of them.heres where I'm at so far. Need to make a pilot fit into the cockpit probably some surgery required cheers thanks for looking and comments cheers John View attachment 87457

View attachment 87458

View attachment 87459

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone more progress on this little airacobra all landing gear needs cleaning up and painting couple of coats of clear need to be applied then decals and a matt coat maybe a small base afterwards spinner and prop needs to be clued as it only resting in place at the mo that's all for now folks thanks for looking and any comments cheers John View attachment 87581

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
From that photo it looks pretty good John. I quite like the box art the more I look at it too.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone I have decided to make a small and simple base for the airacobra and acquired this box of figures and will have a few of them wandering around thanks for looking/ comments John View attachment 87611

image.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start John , some of these Heller kits are excellent arent they. Despite having raised panel lines they have very fine surface detail and if it goes together anything like the Saab J21 then it should be a lovely build, looking forward to seeing the paint (BTW , Halfords grey primer is a perfect match for Neutral grey if thats what the undersides are ) , cheers tony

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Please see below thanks John

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice John, superb dio that compliments the superb P39. Top work mate.

Si:smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Excellent work from a pretty basic kit. I've had my eye on the USAAF crew myself to liven up the odd build, and this has convinced me. Lovely base too - did it start life as a picture frame, by any chance?