Hello from Malaysia

First Name
Khairul
Apa khabar, Khairul...is a greeting phrase I seldom hear now replaced with the Arabic Asallahmualaikum but it's still hello from me.
Great forum you've joined, all types of modellers from beginners to some terror sifus who are down to earth and will readily share their hobby experiences...even the bad ones. :smiling2:
Asal dari mana u? I'm from PJ.

Cheers,
Richard
Khabar baik! I'm also from PJ.

Yes, I've been browsing the forums and can see the people here are very friendly and helpful, I've taken note of lots of great tips/

First Name
Khairul
Hi Khairul, and Welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have to ensure you don't miss something you might need for that first build.......there are many experienced modelers here to help with that sort of thing. Also John has a terrific shop here on the forum which may have many of the items you are looking for. Good luck with your first build, and by all means start a build thread on it so we can follow along. :thumb2:
Unfortunately it looks as though he does not do international shipping as I was unable to register my address in the shop (can't change the country.)

Other than that, it's been a great experience so far.

First Name
Khairul
Good to hear that. Where do you shop for your models?

Cheers,
Richard
I can't drive so I am buying things online as Grab fares can be ridiculous at times. I have always tried to buy from brick and mortar shops as I believe in supporting them so these days I buy online from shops I know have an actual storefront. Do you have any recommendations?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Khairul, there are 3 LHS that are popular in PJ and KL but they cater mainly on armour and aircraft. Cars and bikes are a little harder to find but I can ask where my model society guys get theirs. Are you an SMM member? You can get some good info from their chatgroup.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A belated welcome aboard!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A warm welcome from me as well. Good luck , just ask if you have any problems, some one will always help.