Hello from the U.S.

• Thread starter Deleted member 9606
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9606

Hello, I’m posting from Connecticut and I’m new to the board. Thanks for having me. I’m a real estate photographer which is my second career after running an auto repair shop in a wholesale environment for 30 years (and burning out). But I wish I could just build models all day! Though I would say I have an unhealthy obsession in knowing about paints/chemicals and equipment…maybe more than building the models themselves..?

It seems the forums from the U.K. are the best ones regarding modeling and I’ve already found a wealth of information here just browsing the threads.

- Colin

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome, our cousins to the west are very pleasant to deal with, almost as polite as Canadians.:smiling: Spent an enjoyable year in Hartford/Wethersfield many years ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9606

WELCOME Colin hope you enjoy the forum an what type of modeling do you like ?
chrisb
So far WWII RAF and cold war to modern era fighter jets. My son wants to do some sci-fi stuff with me. I‘m also interested in trying some miniatures or gunpla if for no other reason than to improve my detail skills (for cockpits and pilots).

D

Deleted member 9606

Welcome, welcome, welcome, our cousins to the west are very pleasant to deal with, almost as polite as Canadians. Spent a year in Hartford/Wethersfield many years ago.
Ha, let me be the first to apologize for rude Americans. Used to live in Cromwell which is right next door to Wethersfield. Never had the pleasure of visiting the U.K. but hope to one day.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Colin,
welcome to the forum - what is your area of interest? As you've probably found, the whole range of model types are covered, and a whole range of skills, from beginners to experts. So jump on in & enjoy ourself!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice to have a little reinforcement We yanks are severely outnumbered here abouts but that's OK......I like the odds! Seems we do our best work under adverse conditions and remember pard, the Sun always sets in the West! ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome Colin Hope that you have a great time here. Another WWII RAF and Cold war fan. A corner I am fond of but also (unhealthy) fondness of boats. The Odd bit of Armour has also been known to meet its death at my table.