Help and suggestions required

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi all,
Wondering if any one can help with the following queries for me as I don't know which is the best course of action.

1. 1/24 Tamiya Mazda MX5. Both front wing repeater lamps. What is the best way to attach these as there are no mounting pins on the parts or holes in the body?

20230401_115718.jpg

2. I made an aerial to possibly replace the little nub moulded in the body, suggestions on how to fit it please.20230401_115930.jpg
3. 1/24 Revell Porsche 928. Strangely only the left door mirror is provided, I would like to fabricate one for the right door which has the same head but obviously the mounting arm is on the opposite side. Any suggestions on how to fabricate one?20230401_120421.jpg

Apologies if the solutions are obvious but I have not come across these issues before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stefan

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Stefan,
the clear parts may be applied using PVA wood glue - it's not as strong as the normal poly glue, but dries clear - tiny drop, applied with a cocktail stick ( toothpick ) should be ideal. The other non-clear parts - I suggest the careful use of superglue. - Those mirrors - they are often only fitted on the drivers side only - overtaking mirrors..................
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Stefen regards the repeter light look at a pic of the real car an put a dot with a pencil where they should fit on then just dril a tiny hole in the body an glue them in place an again regards the aireil just drill it out an fit a brass pin in for the areial to glue onto an usein a plastic box section scratch build a nother mirror
hows that ?
chrisb