Hi,Guys,

need some help plz,

I don,t even know were to start to get some Zimmerit for this one,:confused:

sd.Kfz.181 V1,Tiger 1 ,late version,tamiya 1.35

any help greatly appreciated, ;)

20160220_172100.jpg

N

noble

Make it yourself Monica, all you need is some filler and a razor saw or you can buy tamiyas zimmeritt tools.

Scott

D

dubster72

As Scott said, there's a lot of ways to do it yourself. Using putty or Miliput with a screwdriver is another option.

Or there are ready-made solutions from Eduard, Cavalier or Atak. I'd recommend the latter two as they are very thin resin sheets - easier to work with & more natural looking than the Eduard brass.

I wouldn't recommend the Tamiya stuff. It lacks depth & definition.

A

american

go on eBay . I found my Tiger II zimmerit on ebay. it was Tiger I there!

F

Fenlander

This is my favourite video tutorial on this. Ok, it's a panther but I like the quick simple way he does it. The Tamiya tools are cheap and readily available online. I also like how thin he gets it, far too often you see tigers and such looking like they have been iced like a cake :eek:

N

noble

This is a Fantastic tutorial and easily done, he uses wood filler to do his this gets two thumbs up from me.

Scott

D

dubster72

A very good example of self made zimmerit! If anyone tries this, roughing up the plastic surface helps the filler grip & leaving it on the model for a few minutes before using the tools is useful too.

S

stuart.c.82

Loving the diy hacks. the real life stuff was deliberately rough so don't strive for presision it needs to look not perfect to look right.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Thanks for posting this. Very timely, too, since I am going to be be giving a kit I am working on my first stab at zimmerit in almost thirty years!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you all for your advice and help,

some very useful info, :smiling3:

the chap in the video makes it look so easy and quick ;)