Help with painting a custom TVR Tasmin 1/32 slotcar

D

Danny Longmore

Hi people,

Years ago I had 10 custom TVR Tasmin resin bodies made in 1/32 scale but as I'm disabled I'm no good with my hands so I never managed to paint them. I sold 8 and kept 2 for myself but at the moment only 1 of them has a chassis.

The car is based on a race car my stepdad helped build called "Thorpedo" which is a TVR Tuscan chassis with a TVR Tasmin body and a 6.6ltr Chevy engine. Here is a picture

Here is a photo of the body I had made, its made in some sort of resin. I have a chassis but it is not mounted so needs mounting too. I'm not bothered about an interior, the side exhaust, front splitter and spoiler are separate parts

If anyone can help me get it looking like the original that would be great and I'd be happy to give the spare body to who ever helps me. And/or I would add a thankyou on my website www.dans-garage.co.uk

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Dan,

I've had a look at your website........... Very impressed with your slot car track matey.

I'm sure you'll find someone on here will take on the TVR for you .............. At a push, if you get no takers I'll do it. But there are loads of people on here with far more skill than me........... I'll send you my details through your website with my email address, if you get no takers by the end of the month drop me a line.

Peter

D

Danny Longmore

thankyou for your kind offer, Do you have some examples of what youve done before?

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
thankyou for your kind offer, Do you have some examples of what youve done before?
Take a look in my gallery

J

John Huggins

Thats one hell of a paint job going on there, it's going to be a bitch to paint.

Is there a decal set with it ?.

John

D

Danny Longmore

ive got no decals or anything. i know a perfect replica will be hard so aslong as its as close as possible that be fine

J

John Huggins

Hi again Dan, if all else fails i would be happy to give it a go, I have some work on this site under civiy car's.

Im working on a Skyline at the mo & there is a Shelby Cobra in the same thread if you want to take a look.

John.

D

Danny Longmore

ill take a look later mate thankyou im just off out for my mums birthday

EDIT: Just had a look and you do some amazing work :D

Last edited: