Here comes another spit

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just made a start on this one it's a old monogram MK2 spit 1/48 unlike my normal spit's i draw the camoflauge on the wing and then paint with the old hairy stick,but this time i got some tamiya masking sheet's and see what it turn's out like with sray.

I am pleased with the result's but i think it could do with dulling down a bit comment's please.

Cheers Peter tView attachment 68473

View attachment 68474

2013-08-27 22.00.00.jpg

2013-08-27 22.00.08.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good Peter, yeah the green stands out, more glossy, but the camo lines look good. I like the cockpit detail.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice spray job Peter. Yes, it will need dulling down with a matt coat eventually. It looks as though you used a matt or satin dark earth with a satin or gloss dark green? I use matt dark earth and satin green because those are the colours that best match the scheme. They all get glossed anyway for decals and weathering later, so a matt finish will be required.

B

Boldman

It might be the camera but the green does look a bit dark and glossy. What paints do you use?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think a mattish varnish will tone that down just fine.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Looks good Peter.Though I think by painting the wings and fuselage separate you are going to have problems when it comes o joining them.I love the old Monogram kits but they tend not to fit very well and have gaps that need filling and sanding.Not built this particular kit so you may be lucky

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Unintentional issue spotted Peter :smiling3: Coming along nicely mate.

T

tecdes

Nice one Peter. Also like the way you have portrayed it with the grass & back ground.

A lot of the airfields during the Battle of Britain were just like this where Squadrons were distributed back away from the coastland.

Laurie

T

tecdes

Thing that may help with masking Peter is White or Blue tack. Think you will find it easier to work with.

I roll like many others slices of white tack into saugages & press gently onto the model. Then fill in the bits left & not wanted with Tamiya tape.

Also this technique gives a good smooth line.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I was going to say what Laurie has already said about the masking but nice job mate.