Hi from Florida, USA..

GhostRider27

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ed
Hey guys. Ed here.. Been away from the hobby for several years and working on a few things. I cannot believe how far this hobby has advanced in terms of injection molding, kit technology and these things called 3D decals.. lol

These kits have sure gotten pricey, but the level of detail is incredible. Seem like a fun time to be in the hobby! I do miss the brick and mortar stores that have all closed down in my area. Not a single store where I live and we had great ones years ago.

Anyway, I like modern post war jets, US Navy, Airforce.. Russian... Working on a Revell F-15E right now that I just more than likely ruined gloss coating. lol...

Anyway pleased to be on this site, thanks for letting me join!

-ED

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Ed. Bit confused here. Hi from Florida but your location is down as Michigan????
However, enjoy the site and dive in and look forward to seeing your builds.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evening Ed...
It's a warm welcome from me..
.. I look forward to seeing you around the site, I'm sure you'll enjoy your visits,and gander much info at the same time mate :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
D you have to join the paid site to post pictures, ask and reply to questions?

Welcome Ed. Yes I think so. Some parts are open to non subscribers....best £10 I've spent on the hobby though..... Plus it means no having to put up with ads like some sites.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Thats great lol. Complete brain short circuit. Was looking at houses in Michigan, Wife is from there, and I just typed it in... lol
But yes, I live in hot, damp, humid Florida.
Spent a couple of months in Florida, a small place, Stuart, near Ft Lauderdale!! Had a great time. 96 degrees at 6pm in March, just unbelievable.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
D you have to join the paid site to post pictures, ask and reply to questions?
There is an yearly subscription of GBP10 (about 12 freedom tokens). This will give you full access to the whole site and you'll be able to start threads, post photos and all the normal forum things.
I hope this does not scare you off and lookforward to seeing your work.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome Ed, looking forward to your future builds, That F-15E sounds nice...there's something about an Eagle that just sticks with you once you've seen one..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Howdy Ed, glad yer in Florida and not me. Spent three years off and on in the Pensacola and Jacksonville area when in the Navy. Just hangin' out in NW Montana these days and swearing at all the "transplants" that have started showing up in the last 3 years.
Pay yer dues and join up, great fun and lots of friendly folks here. :thumb2: