HMS Amagenon, a mojo buster, i hope!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Had a fine time adding the Admirals walk. Not too happy, too many Ca marks. Although looks better than I thought it would.
20230216_135857.jpg20230216_135843.jpg20230216_135836.jpg

Will try to lightly sand the excess ca, still learning folks. Not far off priming now

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Had a fine time adding the Admirals walk. Nice too happy, too many Ca marks. Although looks better than I thought it would.
View attachment 474403View attachment 474404View attachment 474405

Will try to lightly sand the excess ca, still learning folks. Not far off priming now

Bob

Coming on nicely, although I can't help noticing the middle picture is a bit blurry! Not having phone problems again?!?!? ;) :smiling5:

Seriously though that really is looking very good indeed.

ATB

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The admiral would be proud to walk on that Bob. Nice one.
Thank you Tim, just hope he's not a fat ba****d lol
Bob

Coming on nicely, although I can't help noticing the middle picture is a bit blurry! Not having phone problems again?!?!? ;) :smiling5:

Seriously though that really is looking very good indeed.

ATB

Andrew
Do not panic Andrew it's my usual c*** photography lol
Nice one Bob looks great mate
Brian
Thank Brian
Looks good Bob
Cheers Mark
Looks fine to me.
Do not look to close lol, thanks Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks good Bob. Two possible fixes
For them CA splatter things (that I can't see by the way) small flat marks a glassfibre pencil can take care of those. Another good tool to have is
A bottle of de-bonder and not just for unsticking fingers. A small flat brush xan be used to wash unwanted ca off.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
For them CA splatter things (that I can't see by the way) small flat marks a glassfibre pencil can take care of those. Another good tool to have is
A bottle of de-bonder and not just for unsticking fingers. A small flat brush xan be used to wash unwanted ca off.
Thanks for the tip Ian, will give that a go. Usuall use a very fine sanding stick

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks for the tip Ian, will give that a go. Usuall use a very fine sanding stick

Can only second the de-bonder.... Seen it used many times and used it a couple of times myself!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Bob the debonder is great, I use it on a cotton bud and dab it on the area . Like Andrew I've also used it to unstick my finger ( No laughing at the back ) from the cutting mat !
That pe looks very smart , certainly brings it to life .

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello Bob,
Just caught up on your build. I use an old scalpel blade to run c/a around the joins, first I touch a bit to hold the etch and if happy then get to work running the c/a into the joint. Clean up is with my own sanders made from thick plasticard, double sided tape and wet'n'dry of choice... Hope this helps... Mike.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Can only second the de-bonder.... Seen it used many times and used it a couple of times myself!
Never used it but will now lol
Yes Bob the debonder is great, I use it on a cotton bud and dab it on the area . Like Andrew I've also used it to unstick my finger ( No laughing at the back ) from the cutting mat !
That pe looks very smart , certainly brings it to life .
Cheers John, still a big learning curve
AS the guys say Bob mate nothing wrong with your work in fact there is everything right very well done an as for c/a marks well i cant see any
chrisb
Thanks Chris, still room for improvement
Some mighty fine braille work there Bobster.....
..... Looks excellent :smiling3:
Cheers Andy
Hello Bob,
Just caught up on your build. I use an old scalpel blade to run c/a around the joins, first I touch a bit to hold the etch and if happy then get to work running the c/a into the joint. Clean up is with my own sanders made from thick plasticard, double sided tape and wet'n'dry of choice... Hope this helps... Mike.
Good tips there, appreciated

Bob

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Never used it but will now lol

Cheers John, still a big learning curve

Thanks Chris, still room for improvement

Cheers Andy

Good tips there, appreciated

Bob
I think I've seen Night Shift use it

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Right, bit more pe, made two of these, happy with these simple constructions
20230217_110313.jpg
There are folded to make a box type structure and are mounted on both sides of the rear hull by the Admirals walk. Inside you fit what looks like 4 balloons tide together. Been racking my tiny brain as to what it's for. I assume a rope or chain could be pulled to open the bottom of the cage and release it, but what is it??

Early life raft, form of paravine? I have the set of Burt's excellent battleship books and no mention of it and nothing on the drawings??

However found this picture, this is a screenshot of Amagemenon
Screenshot_20230217_143714_Samsung Internet.jpg
Looks more like a cross with floats at each end??

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Right, bit more pe, made two of these, happy with these simple constructions
View attachment 474498
There are folded to make a box type structure and are mounted on both sides of the rear hull by the Admirals walk. Inside you fit what looks like 4 balloons tide together. Been racking my tiny brain as to what it's for. I assume a rope or chain could be pulled to open the bottom of the cage and release it, but what is it??

Early life raft, form of paravine? I have the set of Burt's excellent battleship books and no mention of it and nothing on the drawings??

However found this picture, this is a screenshot of Amagemenon
View attachment 474499
Looks more like a cross with floats at each end??
Bob mate i think they are marker bouys nice work b t w
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Could be something to do with hanging or recovering the anti torpedo nets Bob? Have you got any rear shots of the ship with the nets deployed?