HMS Victorious

B

Bluewavestudios

How about this one then....built at 1/75th Scale....which to give a better idea makes this one 12 feet long. Beautiful model built by local Chap known to me as Roy.

Has lots of working features, lighting, smoke from funnel, Heli rotors spinning up, working radar scanners etc.

Model has to be towed on it's own trailer with retractable slipway and winch...now that's dedicated modelling for you...!!! (You can see this in background of 2nd Pic)

Roy also has a container ship of similar size which I will try and get pics of next time I see him out.

Pics taken at West Shore Model Boat Pond in Llandudno...(on a very unusually calm day for this pond as it is normally best suited for yachts with the normal wind over there...!!)

With the size of this ship though she can handle it.

Regards.......Mark.

View attachment 7068

View attachment 7067

View attachment 7066

/monthly_2004_10/DSCN0022.JPG.7f8b2b06350790e5fe11cc51acb19846.JPG

/monthly_2004_10/DSCN0017.JPG.479a01c80f938817ffa24d5f5a70ea98.JPG

/monthly_2004_10/DSCN0023.JPG.96ca5cbe2e0cd90df9cbac42b5b2f7ce.JPG

View attachment 11711

View attachment 11712

View attachment 11713

View attachment 12361

View attachment 12362

View attachment 12363

DSCN0023.JPG

DSCN0017.JPG

DSCN0022.JPG

Last edited:
D

duncan

Well done Roy, BIG is best. Looking forward to container ship pics and some mechanical details (power,batteries,construction etc) if possible. Good pics Mark.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A superb model in a lovely setting,thanks for the pictures Mark.

B

Bluewavestudios

just a few tech specs on this one for those of you who are interested:

Length = 12 feet

Beam = 26 inches

Overall Height = 33 inches

Weight 396lbs

3 knots top speed

powered by 2 x 12 volt motors through 3:1 gear reduction drives (Volvo car fan cooling Motors..!!)

4 x 3.75 inch 4 bladed props and has 4 x 12 volt batteries allowing 16 hours continuous sailing time...!!!

Ps the horn on this one is very loud too.........!!!

Next time I bump into Roy, I'll plug the site to him and see if he will join up, I know he has some excellent pics of this model and his container ship.

Regards.........Mark

Last edited:
A

antuk

wow nice allways wanted to build 1 got any plans i can sneek a look at :smiling3: please

N

new to trains

big models are ace !- and car radiator fans make great motors for big boats !

B

Bluewavestudios

Hello all

Finally back online properly after what seems like an eternity,

Sadly Roy who built this Ship no longer sails at this pond, it has been taken over the Local Swan and Seagull population and they are none too friendly, there have been complaints to the council about this (especially with the bird mess) but they are not willing to do anything about it as they have only had 1 complaint...and it is a model boat pond !!

Ps...the pics show Roy's other ship...with his dedicated trailer and slipway used for both ship models

Mark

View attachment 13219

View attachment 13220

View attachment 13221

55IE0092.jpg

55IE0093.jpg

55IE0094.jpg

F

fooman2008

query, that round object on the top of the island...a camera or a periscope?:thinking:

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Fooman,

It is actually a Radar scanner - the real ship was fitted with a very large scanner as can be seen in the pics of the real thing below.

Ps - discovered a local website with more Pics of Roy and his boats - have a look - you might get an idea of what you are letting yourself in for when you build yours.

Here's the link: Llandudno Westshore Model Boating Pool

Regards........Mark.

View attachment 17277

View attachment 17278

06_hms_victorious.jpg

victorious_barry_lockyer_rn_a.jpg

B

Broomstick

Roy sails occasionally at LLanberis Lake on a Sunday

Broomstick

P

peter22

Hi Mark

Great models - interested in the container ship if you see Roy ask him for it's name, I did the drawings of the Fuel Oil compartment for the Atlantic Conveyor and Atlantic Causeway [Conveyor was sunk at the Falklands]

peter

B

Bluewavestudios

\ said:
Hi MarkGreat models - interested in the container ship if you see Roy ask him for it's name, I did the drawings of the Fuel Oil compartment for the Atlantic Conveyor and Atlantic Causeway [Conveyor was sunk at the Falklands]

peter
Hi Peter,

In answer to your question, the answer is in the link on my last post - It is the Atlantic Conveyer. There are some nice pics on that link too.

Regards.....Mark

R

ron h

Some fine models there , I have seen the Waverly sailing there last year.