Hobbyboss Spitfire V (Trop)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
All the fun and games are here......http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/another-spitfire-hobbyboss-mk-vb-trop.25142/

I've done Ian Gleed's well known Spitfire. Here's a quick walk around.

If you want a reasonably priced and decent Mk V Spitfire look no further than this one. It has a few well documented issues and it's up to you how much you throw at it to make improvements. You'll still get a nice Spitfire OOB.

It's a modern kit and goes together very nicely indeed.

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You never disappoint Steve.

Beautiful Spitfire, expertly assembled, painted and weathered with restraint to really show those famous fighter lines off.

Great work

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a beauty Steve. Convinced me into getting one when I see one in the local next time.

Great job all round.

Ian M

A

Andy Mac

That's a gorgeous build Steve, and a nice background to finish off the excellent photos.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work Steve it looks every inch a Mk V to me . Great use of the background pic too, cheers tony

W

Willi262

Your picture taking is always well done, and never fails to impress. Great work again!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks chaps.

I deliberately kept it fairly clean. Although this aircraft finally made it to 145 Sqn in June 1942 after a long journey via Takoradi in West Africa, Gleed didn't arrive in Egypt until January 1943. He must have acquired the aeroplane from 145 Sqn, where he was initially sent to gain operational experience in theatre, around this time had it re-marked in his personal markings. I'd bet that the whole aeroplane was tidied up then, he was the Wing Commander after all.

I have found a better version of the photo of Gleed flying in formation with UF*V and UF*F of 601 Sqn and will be adding a little more wear to the wing roots.

Gleed was shot down and killed in it on 16th April 1943, at the most three months after he acquired the aeroplane.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Beautiful clean build Steve, professional finish as always and stunning pictures.

Si:smiling3: