Hobbyboss Spitfire V (Trop)

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Superb build. I have toyed with getting one of these but have hesitated over the issues identified with it. How far did you go to correct them?. I am thinking of the area forward of the canopy in particular, the fact that I cannot see from the pics suggest that either the issues are not a bad visually as some say or you put them right.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
beautiful spit Steve,just got to lov them nice to see one with diffidence camo as well :cool:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Superb build. I have toyed with getting one of these but have hesitated over the issues identified with it. How far did you go to correct them?. I am thinking of the area forward of the canopy in particular, the fact that I cannot see from the pics suggest that either the issues are not a bad visually as some say or you put them right.
Hi Barry, I only corrected the elevators and the windscreen which are the two most obvious issues with the kit. Everything else is OOB (including prop, spinner and wheels which have come in for some criticism). You have to draw a line somewhere or the corrections can end up costing more than the kit :smiling3:

As for the nose, I did have a quick look for the dimensions of the Mk V compared to the Mk IX to see if the kit really is too short but never found them in the rather impenetrable text of my Spitfire bible ('The History').

I think it looks like a decent representation of a Spitfire V. I displayed it for a while next to the Tamiya Mk IX and it certainly didn't look out of place!

Cheers

Steve