Was less than happy with the face, so removed all the paint using Revell Painta Clean - that stuff is lethal, took the paint off in seconds, be warned though the fumes are horrendous, even working in the utility with the back door open, still got a headache after 5 minutes use, soaked the heads in 'fairy' liquid then plain water and ready to start again.
Cheers moni, Chemical peel last night. Will try again on Saturday as busy next couple of nights, so no modelling time. I know i can do better, so until i can say 'yes' instead of 'that would do' i will keep going.:mad::D
Well, finally plucked up the courage to give the face another go, and boy am I glad I did, with a new set of colours I managed to get a face I am very,very happy with. Need to draw in the pupils, paint his hair and his tankers helmet but so far I am a happy chappy, until the next one lol.
I also made a ‘wet’ palette, after reading how Mike Butler made his for his article in Mr Black Figure Modelling magazine issue 18, and it costs less than a £1, it also works just as well as well as the big palette I had previously purchased for £16.
Pupils added, hair touched in and helmet painted, now need to add German national insignia to the arms, paint internal of jacket, add boom for microphone and he is done. Taken way too much time on this head, but new techniques and process learned so next one of the pair should be a lot quicker to do. Will get some proper camera photos sorted at weekend.