horizon ED-209

F

fifthtexas

Hi,

trying to find information on robocops ED-209 by horizon can not seem to find any info on this company are they still in production?

also have a comet minatures thunderbird 1, looking for info on this kit they also did a fireball xl5 kit which i am looking for. does anyone have any XL5 kits?

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Keith,

I am not sure but i believe I occassionally see the Fireball XL5 on ebay occassionally, you might want to try there.

I think there might also be a cardmodel of the ship but i am not sure, but i will look around and see what I can come up with.

Have a good day,

Greg

S

Spyderman_uk

It looks like Comet Miniatures have retooled for the XL5, but in grp. It is expensive though at near £100.

I still have the original XL5 and Stingray in Vac-form in the loft, waiting for my skills to improve as I'm no good with Vac-form yet! Been away from modelling for a long time.

I know that is not much use to you, but keep looking as they are about.

Terry

U

USMC_Buckeroo

Howdy fifthtexas,

Not really sure what type of "information" you're looking for in regards to the Horizon ED-209 kit, except to say...yes, they are indeed out of business and have been for quite a bit of time. Damn shame that, because they made some very nice kits, including one of my personal faves, the aerial Hunter/Killer from the film 'T2', of which I possess two of the kits. I also own three of the ED-209's, two of which are still in the original large oversized box with one just simply still in the plastic bag the parts came in......

For the record, just in case you do not know, the Horizon kits were cast in a somewhat 'soft' vinyl and not the hard polystyrene you might be used to.

In fact, I think Horizon's choice of medium for their line of kits had to have had some role in their demise......{my humble opion}.

regards,

Semper Fi!

USMC_Buckeroo

S

schweinhund227

\ said:
Hi,trying to find information on robocops ED-209 by horizon can not seem to find any info on this company are they still in production?

also have a comet minatures thunderbird 1, looking for info on this kit they also did a fireball xl5 kit which i am looking for. does anyone have any XL5 kits?
Those Vinyl Companies like horizon are long gone....

Try Ebay !!! sometimes the Originals come up for sales...