Ian M's De Havilland Tiger Moth. Airfix 1/48 (papa 695's Bi-plane GB)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top result Ian , paintwork and decalling is superb . What are the three other biplanes ? Cheers tony

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Having just got the 1/72 version of the kit, but NOT with these markings, I might just do this scheme as a paint job. 32 Squadron, 1932, yes? Which would make it one of the first Tiger Moths in RAF service

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Top result Ian , paintwork and decalling is superb . What are the three other biplanes ? Cheers tony
Aeroclub Hawker demon and a Gloster Gauntlet. multimedia kits....
Roden SE5a built two already not a bad kit.
Having just got the 1/72 version of the kit, but NOT with these markings, I might just do this scheme as a paint job. 32 Squadron, 1932, yes? Which would make it one of the first Tiger Moths in RAF service
Actually it says on the destructions that its from the RAF aerobatic display team from the Shuttleworth collection 2018...

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful result Ian. The Tiger Moth is superbly finished and looks really handsome in the checker board livery.
Awesome :thumb2:

ATB
Paul

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Totally missed this beauty Boss. WnW Excellent work and the rigging looks great too!!! WnW Interesting colors and will look really nice sitting next to the Coo Coo Cachoo on the shelf. WnW

BTW Ian, your link to the build in the beginning of this post, only brings you back to the top of this post and not the build... WnW

Prost
Allen

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Aeroclub Hawker demon and a Gloster Gauntlet. multimedia kits....
Roden SE5a built two already not a bad kit.

Actually it says on the destructions that its from the RAF aerobatic display team from the Shuttleworth collection 2018...
Looking forward to those others, being part way through my SE.5A, and with a couple of Aeroclub silver wings pending (Audax and Gloster Grebe). I've an Amodel Gauntlet too, to do a Mk.II, which might just compensate for the Pegasus one I did WAAAY back, and cheated on (engine and cockpit covers as I'd done no detailng)

Interesting about the Shuttleworth Scheme. So many 'planes there Airfix can use! My Gladiator is theirs, the scheme based on Sailor Malan's Hendon display in, um, 1937? That also answers why your Moth has the anti-spin strakes not initially fitted. Have to check back on your build to see, if like my 1/72 job, you have to do major surgery on the rear fuselage to fit the strakes piece

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Totally missed this beauty Boss. WnW Excellent work and the rigging looks great too!!! WnW Interesting colors and will look really nice sitting next to the Coo Coo Cachoo on the shelf. WnW

BTW Ian, your link to the build in the beginning of this post, only brings you back to the top of this post and not the build... WnW

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen. I thought that I had sorte that link this morning. I have had another bash at it and it should now work... lol
Looking forward to those others, being part way through my SE.5A, and with a couple of Aeroclub silver wings pending (Audax and Gloster Grebe). I've an Amodel Gauntlet too, to do a Mk.II, which might just compensate for the Pegasus one I did WAAAY back, and cheated on (engine and cockpit covers as I'd done no detailng)

Interesting about the Shuttleworth Scheme. So many 'planes there Airfix can use! My Gladiator is theirs, the scheme based on Sailor Malan's Hendon display in, um, 1937? That also answers why your Moth has the anti-spin strakes not initially fitted. Have to check back on your build to see, if like my 1/72 job, you have to do major surgery on the rear fuselage to fit the strakes piece

If by the Anti spin strakes, you mean the flat part that precedes the tail wing. it is a chop and close. There are two Tail wings one with and one without, There is also a jig to guide the cut out. :smiling3:
The two aeroclub kits have been in the stash ages, part of a project... still not done! lol Looking at them the detail on the fuselage is rather soft and fuzzy. Not a huge problem just dont fancy it right now. As for the Gauntlet there are other options now... we will see.

Cheers chaps
I am quite humbled by the positive comments and likes. Thank you all most kindly..
Oh Allen. I saw the little subliminal text in you post you naughty boy! lol.