ICM 1/24 S.E.A.L. Fighter #2

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After looking in the stash, I decided on this - I've done an ICM SWAT team leader in 1/16 a few years ago, but this is the first 1/24....................
icm seal.jpg
Since he's all in black, this could be a tricky paint job! - I'll put up some sprue shots later
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Not that many parts really
DSCF4166.JPG
DSCF4167.JPG
Flippers & air tubes in a flexible vinyl
DSCF4168.JPGDSCF4169.JPG
Very nicely moulded sidearms!
DSCF4170.JPG
Features, you can choose to finish him with mask down, or up
DSCF4171.JPG
Instructions? Not really, sprue layout
DSCF4174.JPG
And a colour sheet - problem is, with him being in a black wetsuit, - it's not very helpful in locating parts! I'll be using various shades of dark grey - not black, too stark!
DSCF4172.JPG
It shows white dials on W6 ( whatever that is! ), but no decals - I'll have to look in the spares box to find something suitable.
I'll have a look around to find a suitable base for him, maybe a shingle beach, or rocks - obviously for the 3D printer!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Assembly begins - not easy, as there is no sequence in the instructions, just numbers pointed at parts - which being black on black aren't easy to see..................
DSCF4178.JPG
I've got two bases printed out & I'll work out which will look better - I'll use pins in holes drilled in base & figure to hold things together
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
If I may suggest which base, I'd say the one with the taller tree stumps.. reminds me of a mangrove swamp area

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well under way, the figure assembled, apart from his head and rifle. For some reason, the Matt Black-Grey has dried Satin!
DSCF4184.JPG
Close uo, this really looks terrible - but normal view it's OK I'll have to use various grey shades & finishes to get some variation.
I've chosen the base & stated painting - the sand wants to be a little paler, and the rocks a little darker
DSCF4185.JPG
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Should think the face in that scale is very hard compared to 1/35 .
Seat pulled up .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Different Dave. Wil follow with interest.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Out of your comfort zone Dave? Nice to see your 3D stuff in use. Black is hard to paint.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This thing has been a bit of a trial, to say the least! I had repainted the head at least five times & I was fed up with it, so I put it aside & turned to 3D printing.................. Time comes to pick it up..............and his head is gone! I've looked in all the unlikely paces, but I think the carpet monster really has struck.
Oh well, that's it for this poor chap - he can go back into his box, with the hope that his head will turn up eventually...............
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Only a little more practice Dave and you'll be able to print him another head.
Pete