Idea for fun GB

F

Fenlander

One of the good things about this forum is that it is not down to the Mods to step in. We have a very democratic system here and it would be open to discussion to see if there were enough people interested in having a go. If enough people want to do it then John would have to set up a forum for it and it would be decided who would Moderate it.

Have to say that I personally like the idea of a "Challenge" forum that would have ad hock things going on so let us use this thread now to state if you would want one or not. No need to go into deep discussion and, of course, taking part would not be compulsory.

Let me just repeat though that no matter what we do on here, we must respect those who do not want to take part in these things and that the Forum's other posts and activity gets all the support from those taking part or people can feel as though the Forum is not for them just because they don't want to take art in a GB or Challenge.

Can I also ask that if kits and or materials/consumables are needed that John is asked to see if it is possible for him to get stuff before you buy elsewhere? One of the reasons for setting up the Forum Shop is to help finance the this Forum, by supporting the Shop, you help keep the Forum running as well as it does. I am sure that if john is asked to get a batch of kits for something like a challenge, he may be able to get a good price, just don't expect him to get it the next day.

B

bikerbart

Good call Graham, and i agree with all you have said. We must remember that without John of course this forum would ot be here, so i for one will be more than happy to go to him to purchase a kit for the forum "Challange"

Well let me be the first to say COUNT ME IN. Cheers Graham, all the best Martin :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You can count me in for a challenge too! I'm also up for giving John a shot at getting the kits for us.

I do have to say though that I agree with Graham. We need to be careful not to have too many things going on which might put off the folks who just want the 'general' type forum we have. We do tend to get carried away with GBs - look at the posts already submitted for the new one that started just a few days ago! - and to an outsider it could be offputting.

Gern