Imara fanatic

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
K

Yes please, I love tugs and have 6 seating on its boxes waiting to be build.
My first priority will be the huge Caldercraft Imara.
For the radio I need something that could operate two motors, smoke maker, lights, speed, rudder, and sound module.
It will be inspirational to see your tug and if you could, show me the inside set up.
HI AGAIN Julian its not my tug but a boaty mate paul an i only have the pic of it on the outside an no pics on the inside but when we go to the boating lake again i'll ask him if he will let me take some inside shots for you but maybe a while as he is havin to repair his house from damp an then redocorate but here is a shot of his tug
chrisb
IMG_7734.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is a project that I would like to build.
It’s funny and everything on it looks fun to build and it would be outstanding when finished.
To me, this model says a lot about the person who will build it.
It says: “I love model ships but I’m a bit crazy “.
View attachment 475804View attachment 475805View attachment 475806View attachment 475807
AN YES love that crazy boat you will build talk about different to me as i am a fairly seirous warship builder as i love to see them on the water but not the very modern stealth ships like the type 45 as i cant stand them as no detail on them i like the warships up to TIGER where there is plenty of detail if you look at her in ships under contruckion
chrisb

First Name
Julian
HI AGAIN Julian its not my tug but a boaty mate paul an i only have the pic of it on the outside an no pics on the inside but when we go to the boating lake again i'll ask him if he will let me take some inside shots for you but maybe a while as he is havin to repair his house from damp an then redocorate but here is a shot of his tug
chrisb
View attachment 475808
It’s BEAUTIFUL.
Excellent craftsmanship.
Nice colors, what kind of paint?

First Name
Julian
Very soon I will be posting a build log for my Sub Chaser SC96.
Here is just a preview.
I still have to work the deck gun a 3”/32 caliber Pool. The chaser needs rigging and a few final touches, when done I will post the entire build log. (Lots of pictures).
This particular model is a commissioned piece that will go to Model Expo showcase.
Maybe you guys on the other side of the lake knows about this great model distributor.
ME is only 1/2 hour drive from my house and I build models for them.

5CB6068E-D809-4E8F-9B92-1B1203581FF9.jpeg
There is a lot of loose rope jet to be applied properly.
B5AE6469-E07F-444B-9223-902E5FA63994.jpeg15AC71DE-5890-48CD-9AD7-5EB5E222C0A8.jpegC2EBD5B9-BC91-43B1-98E5-DECB8775413A.jpeg32339051-8B71-46C2-8031-466EB6C14D39.jpeg881CE2DE-8C11-4071-B27A-B636F0BF8ECE.jpeg

This model is designed to be R/C and I did prepare it for that purpose but actually the model is for picture taking and catalog use.
The painting in the background its one of my oleo paints it’s call: “Let’s talk”.
Here is a closer look.
A26F3D46-3E92-4F6A-84C3-3D907D99ECE1.jpeg

First Name
Julian
Sorry for the mess in my kitchen.
My wife took over my work room for her work from home office and I had to move to my backyard. Down here in Miami is very hot, most of the time in the upper 80’s but I had to set up shop besides my pool.
In this picture you see my temporary table saw work space.
The good thing is, if I start sweating too much, I just jump in the pool and cool off.
Temperature here in Miami is never hardly under the 80’s.
1BBFAA57-1D3D-4CC3-8197-4A2C29D94A6B.jpeg
Sorry but I also use the two small side metal tables that my BBQ has.
6B6C8C6F-0459-4732-83FC-32C355AA0CA3.jpeg
Our high metal picnic table is what I use for my table saw .
AE213314-6152-4E04-BB7B-1C94E99CD160.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Julian again just txted my boaty mate with the sun tug an he says he will when he gets a chance to take some pics inside his sun tug an he will also include for you some history of the tug for you SIR so when the pics an history come by email i'll post on here for you ok
ATB
chrisb

First Name
Julian
On another note
I have notice that the best r/c boats model parts are in your country.
I bought a few components including two 4 blades propellers from a place called MOTORBOATBITS,
I placed my order over a week already and haven’t received any respond from them.
Are you guys familiar with us model company.
This is the info about that store:
53A1FD7F-E8A7-4040-9874-6382BEA59DAC.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Julian that imara tug you will build to have that amount of workin features well you will need at least a 6 channel R/C T/X or go for one like mine as its a carsons R/C an they do all sizes of channells but mine i think is the biggest as its a 14 channell R/C T/X but the good thing about carsons is that its not meant for aircraft as most are an mine has a wide band freqency i think as its just meant for ships an trucks an tanks best i can recomend to you sir but have a look on the web as you may see what you want on there an here is my carsons R/C T/X 14 CHANNELL FOR YOU TO SEE as it will store several models in the T/X so all your boats can be worked from one T/X an save money havin to buy any more
chrisb IMG_7445.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
On another note
I have notice that the best r/c boats model parts are in your country.
I bought a few components including two 4 blades propellers from a place called MOTORBOATBITS,
I placed my order over a week already and haven’t received any respond from them.
Are you guys familiar with us model company.
This is the info about that store:
View attachment 475833
NO Julian i dont know anything about model shops the usa as i have like you said everything to hand in this country an if you want any info on carsons R/C i'll put their address on here for you to contack them ?
chrisb

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've only built one tug boat Julian and it was a Revell kit in weird scale of 1/108 or something like that and had great fun although the parts weren't fitting well being and old kit. Don't know if I had posted the build or just completed photos in this forum.

Cheers,
Wabble

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN i love your sub chaser looks a very nicely built model an loads of details just what i love
chrisb

First Name
Julian
We do have a few stores where you could find r/c model boats materials but the UK stores are loaded with everything you could think of.
We do have a store called “Harbour Models” but the owner of this store has extremely high prices.
On the other hand stores in the UK have very acceptable prices.
For me the down side of purchasing from your country is the long time it takes to get to me, but I have patience and don’t mind the waiting.
I’m retired anyway.

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Julian hopefully then if you order what you want from the uk it wont take as long as poor garry (tworr) who lives in N/Z as he has been waiting over 3 months now for bits he orded from here as he is building the type 23 IRON /DUKE on here an what a super job he is makin of it an his is all scratch built
chrisb

First Name
Julian
Boatman:
Yes I know the Imara building log was 10 years ago but for me is just fresh information again because the Imara will be my next build and every words and advises posted by the members here will be of a great use to me.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Can we keep the introduction thread to just that please Gents.