Imara fanatic

First Name
Julian
They are fun to drive. Every time I had to fill up and I opened the hood, the other people filling their car would come over and stared to ask questions.
Lots of fun.

First Name
Julian
Again, Thanks for the warm welcome you guys have given me in this forum.
I like to say that I also do sculpting, and I did this piece to compete on a IPMS show.
This funny piece won 1st Place in the “Funny and Comic” category.
I hope you guys enjoy it.
I got the idea once wile watching a tv commercial about Raid. I thought, Wouldn’t be great to do a bug that feeds on that venom? and the idea took off.
979BEB98-6834-4710-8D87-BD2A32D61117.jpeg
The eyes are from a taxidermist web site, they are Bobcats eyes. The eye laches are real I bought them on our local drug store. You ought to see how the women around looked at me, because I was choosing to see what it would look on my mosquito. :smiling3:
A5313DDA-374D-48FE-BDD9-9EE25E5FD2BB.jpeg
The wings I made from brass wires and “Glad” food plastic wrap. After I solder the wings shape, I painted them and when dried I glue the wrap and stretch it with a small blow torch, then with a hot nail, I added the holes in the wings like if he was an old mosquito.
EEAC53CA-3133-4E68-8CAB-CF919F6F2BA8.jpegB9D42B46-9E57-4854-A294-854DB67E2BE9.jpeg04D780F8-8F65-4923-82EB-93853666BAFB.jpeg
The can I had to empty it first of course and with fine tip pliers I proceeded to rip it like in a way that will match his fingers.
The hand and the fingers I use my on hand as a model to see how the tendons will look like when forcing something .
4C76B72D-E4C9-4E29-B56B-0CDCC25D673C.jpeg
B5AB666E-94B2-48A1-B6DB-3D89568B2D66.jpegFF019E7C-3383-4FC2-9BB8-A5511A935FD3.jpeg

The antennas are the wires that surgeons use to insert stents in your veins.
And I had to add the VW logo tattoo since I love those bugs also.

157862AA-B37A-4983-A93A-E3B440983F54.jpeg4D1CDC3C-D0B3-48BF-BA53-42B9C61F4AA8.jpeg
I took this funny thing to a Volkswagen show and exhibit it together with my bug.
A guy like it so much that bought it from me for a nice profit.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Again, Thanks for the warm welcome you guys have given me in this forum.
I like to say that I also do sculpting, and I did this piece to compete on a IPMS show.
This funny piece won 1st Place in the “Funny and Comic” category.
I hope you guys enjoy it.
I got the idea once wile watching a tv commercial about Raid. I thought, Wouldn’t be great to do a bug that feeds on that venom? and the idea took off.
View attachment 475739
The eyes are from a taxidermist web site, they are Bobcats eyes. The eye laches are real I bought them on our local drug store. You ought to see how the women around looked at me, because I was choosing to see what it would look on my mosquito. :smiling3:
View attachment 475740
The wings I made from brass wires and “Glad” food plastic wrap. After I solder the wings shape, I painted them and when dried I glue the wrap and stretch it with a small blow torch, then with a hot nail, I added the holes in the wings like if he was an old mosquito.
View attachment 475741View attachment 475742View attachment 475743
The can I had to empty it first of course and with fine tip pliers I proceeded to rip it like in a way that will match his fingers.
The hand and the fingers I use my on hand as a model to see how the tendons will look like when forcing something .
View attachment 475744
View attachment 475745View attachment 475746

The antennas are the wires that surgeons use to insert stents in your veins.
And I had to add the VW logo tattoo since I love those bugs also.

View attachment 475747View attachment 475748
I took this funny thing to a Volkswagen show and exhibit it together with my bug.
A guy like it so much that bought it from me for a nice profit.
Excellent work. Not only beautifully built, but a lot of fun and extremely inventive to boot. More please :cool:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I guess everyone had a Wolkswagen bug in their life or some family member had one.
WELL MY brother had a v/w jeans an you could not shut the doors easliy with out puttin the window down as it was so well built an it was a bright yellow if i remember rightly very nice car
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
(JULIAN QOUTE)

HI Julian an i had much the same problem as when i had to go into a pharmmasy to buy some womens false finger nails as i wanted to use them on my nimitz carrier for small radar scanners boy the looks i got from the girls behind the counter i could not get out quick enough as my missus was busy lookin in a charity shop lol
chrisb

Last edited:
First Name
Julian
WELL MY brother had a v/w jeans an you could not shut the doors easliy with out puttin the window down as it was so well built an it was a bright yellow if i remember rightly very nice car
chrisb
Thank You Boatman:
I like your nickname.
I guess you know a thing or two about R/C boats.
What radio do you recommend me for my next Imara project?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ABTW i should not want to meet that on a dark night lol very well done gives me the shivers as i hate bugs
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thank You Boatman:
I like your nickname.
I guess you know a thing or two about R/C boats.
What radio do you recommend me for my next Imara project?
HI again Julian well you live accross the pond so i dont know what R/C systems they sell in the USA an it depends on how many funkions you want working ? as on my tiger i have a 14 channel carsons T/X an its very good but pretty costly but if you tell me what you want to get workin then i can give you a guide to a good T/X an this IMARA is a tug isnt it ? an how big ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Mark ive never been so embarrased in all my life an i have not dared to go back lol as had the same prob again this morning in Norwich LOOKIN for some little girls beads that will go on my pantageaf accoss the masts on my Tiger again i got them looks from them young girl shop assiant but when i exspained why i wanted them then them funny looks went to a look of bein helpfull to lookin in a sindy or a barbe necklace outfit but could not get any but jen came to the recuse as she had some in her jewerly box so im ok now on that just now got too fit them on the ship
chrisb

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
YES Mark ive never been so embarrased in all my life an i have not dared to go back lol as had the same prob again this morning in Norwich LOOKIN for some little girls beads that will go on my pantageaf accoss the masts on my Tiger again i got them looks from them young girl shop assiant but when i exspained why i wanted them then them funny looks went to a look of bein helpfull to lookin in a sindy or a barbe necklace outfit but could not get any but jen came to the recuse as she had some in her jewerly box so im ok now on that just now got too fit them on the ship
chrisb
It was your spelling of counter that made me chuckle Chris lol.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It was your spelling of counter that made me chuckle Chris lol.
WOW oh dear Mark yes i see what you mean but i have corrected it as when i was at school there was about 60 of us in one class so my spellin not great
i apploagise all lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH an Julian i forgot to welcome you to this wonderfull forum the best on the web in my opinion as on here there is a bit of crazy funny banter with the imaginery threat of Matron comin to see you to stick you with her big needles Aaaaacchhh but no negative replys as they are all very nice people we have on here an im fairly new only been on here for about 4 yrs but to me it feels like home comepared to other forums that im on but im on this one the most with my hms tiger build in ships under construcion an that has gone on far longer than i thought it would but she is nearly fininshed now thank goodness as my mojo was running out
so still just a few things to do then it will be her launch day but when that will be i dont know as it depens on several factors the main one bein on our crazy wheather system as if its raining then no go an it does that a lot of the days out of the yr in blighty here ps i love your models eps the gatlin gun an your bug
ATB TO YOU SIR
chrisb aka Boatman

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI again Julian just thought that you like tugs would you like to see a pic of my boaty mate paul as he has built a nice metere long tug called SUN XX1 IF YOU WOULD tell me an i'll post a pic here of it just let me know
chrisb

First Name
Julian
K
Interesting array of modeling subjects.....a little something for everyone. Welcome to the madhouse Julian. ;)
AN HI again Julian just thought that you like tugs would you like to see a pic of my boaty mate paul as he has built a nice metere long tug called SUN XX1 IF YOU WOULD tell me an i'll post a pic here of it just let me know
chrisb
Yes please, I love tugs and have 6 seating on its boxes waiting to be build.
My first priority will be the huge Caldercraft Imara.
For the radio I need something that could operate two motors, smoke maker, lights, speed, rudder, and sound module.
It will be inspirational to see your tug and if you could, show me the inside set up.

First Name
Julian
This is a project that I would like to build.
It’s funny and everything on it looks fun to build and it would be outstanding when finished.
To me, this model says a lot about the person who will build it.
It says: “I love model ships but I’m a bit crazy “.
C792F2D7-4170-4336-BB70-EC3A0BBC09FF.jpegBA9E42F0-0745-467E-BAB2-01A5B87513C0.jpeg535C962C-8AA2-45A3-BBED-36CE4CECFCA5.jpeg55DF809D-5F9F-4B67-B53E-86EFDDDA4000.jpeg

Last edited: