Italeri 1/72 Super Etendard

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Just been thinking joe , before he changed his name ( he was formerly Marcel Bloch ) he gave us the mb 200 bomber , which looked a bit like a flying tin shed!! But then again a lot of other early french aircraft did too! Tony
Just had a look at one of those Tony, I may just get one.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
before he changed his name ( he was formerly Marcel Bloch ) he gave us the mb 200 bomber , which looked a bit like a flying tin shed!! But then again a lot of other early french aircraft did too!
Um, yep just had a look at the MB200 and you're not wrong! Did not know he changed his name, just presumed Bloch was one of those companies that went the way of so many others after World War Two.

First Name
Robert
Just caught up on this and she looks a fine aircraft indeed.

I'll be following this to its conclusion if that's ok Joe.

I've always fancied doing a French Aircraft but never have.

So far it's looking very nice even for a 1/72 size.

Regards

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I've got a bit of leave from work at the moment so I'm back to the bench. No photos to show unfortunately, all I did today was strip paint. I had started the Aregntine scheme and then had a change of heart and it's now going to wear the two-grey French scheme.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

NIce work mate. I haven't seen any suE s around on the forum for a long time. Funny original kit manufacturer, never heard of them

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Mine won't be as weathered or used looking, but I do like the French two-tone grey scheme on this aircraft. It looks more business-like than the perhaps smarter dark grey over white.

The original paint stripped, and the model re-primed. Light grey will be next. I have had to remove a few items (one snapped off) but it's all repairable.

DSC_0266.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Can't believe I started this in March! Anyway, progress in between the Saetta and Canberra. The lighter-grey colour was sprayed on yesterday and left overnight to dry.

DSC_0324.JPG

And then a few hours of masking with tac and tape for the darker blue-grey secondary colour:

DSC_0327.JPG

Here it is after spraying the darker blue-grey, alongside Macchi with the pox.

DSC_0334.JPG

Hoping all has gone well, tomorrow I will remove the tac and masking and if all is good, reattach some missing parts and paint the smaller areas as required. I'm enjoying being back into the builds!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice to see the Camo coming along.

The macchi camo looks incredibly painstaking in masking for the spots. The result will undoubtedly be superb though

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Masking removed, revealing the camouflage. It's subtle, perhaps more contrasting in natural light, and not quite as dark as I would have liked, but I'm having fun so will press on.

DSC_0310.JPG

I then set about repairing all the damaged/missing aerial blades, the landing gear, gear doors, and put the under-wing stores on.

DSC_0323.JPG

Painting of the nose area, aerials and exhaust to come.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Gloss coat is waiting for the other two models to catch up so I can spray them all at once. Turns out I've picked a colour scheme that was worn in the early 1990's, the unit depicted in the decals was disbanded in 1991. Feasible I suppose, but unlikely. Close enough for Moi.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

good to see the gear down now. This is coming along really nicely now.

Looking forward to see this finished

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The camo' might be subtle, but I like it. It's new to me, I haven't seen that before.