SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks okay to me Lee, have seen a lot worse...normally on my bench lol. Like it mate.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good to me Lee and ever you had trouble with it dose not show, well done, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It looks okay to me Lee. You're just grumpy with yourself. One thing though, your decals could benefit from being applied over a gloss coat. That will prevent that silvering which is apparent in some of your photos. Surprised at your experience though, I've generally found Italeri aircraft to be nice to build. BTW the Airfix and Italeri Apache Longbows are from the same moulds.

D

dubster72

It looks good to me Lee, I certainly wouldn't mind that on my shelf.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
With the problems you faced lee I'd say you made a great build mate there's nothing wrong there it looks good if you want a good longbow try revells 1/48 it's a nice kit with no filling required even I did a good job with it lol

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks for you comments people.

Now, as Joe pointed out, the decals are silvering (I hadn't noticed :oops:smiling3:.

Yes it's time for...stupidly thick question time (yay applaud:Do_O), I understand that decals have a coat of gloss but my stupidly thick question is, I'm using a hairy stick, what's the process of decal application? In my defence, that's the most decals I've put on a model in a very long time, I suppose it's lack of experience :oops: :sad:

Thanks in advance

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Can't comment on the decals but the model looks fine to me I wouldn't mind it on my bench.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Same process Lee. Brush paint, then apply a gloss varnish. Humbrol's Gloss Cote can be brushed on, or you can get it in an aerosol, or you can airbrush the stuff. It's all on their website with tutorial videos (which I refer to all the time). Once dry apply your decals; I use Humbrol Decalfix to help the decals settle into the crannies, then once all that has dried, you can flatten (matt) the finish with a matt varnish, same process as the gloss. Humbrol stuff is called Matt Cote. Lots of other options. That's it in a nutshell. Don't be hard on yourself about the decals, it's a minor point that would only improve the appearance of you otherwise finely painted model.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok, thanks for that Joe...advice always greatly appreciated.

When doing armour, any decals can be smothered in dirt or they're hidden...no problems.

Thanks again Joe ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
No problem Lee. I'll seek you out for advice if I ever get around to doing a tin can :smiling3:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's not a problem Joe...thinking about it, I'm crap with advice, so it could be a problem...:confused:

Here's the next on the table, hand picked from the stash by my lovely SWMBO Lisa...

View attachment 84643

This should be fun :eek:o_O

20140630_222851.jpg

S

steve scan

Apache looks good Lee, better than I would in this scale.

P

PirateOneOne

That's a really nice job, and I understand your frustrations Lee as I am building the Italeri 1:72 Apache model 080 as I type!

I'm having an issues with the two body halves, seem to be out of kilter, so seems some filler is needed!

Steve

0ne48thtel

\ said:
That's not a problem Joe...thinking about it, I'm crap with advice, so it could be a problem...:confused:
Here's the next on the table, hand picked from the stash by my lovely SWMBO Lisa...

View attachment 84940

This should be fun :eek:o_O

Nice Apache mate I shall be watching his one quietly from he side lines

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
The Apache look good to me as well ......... Great job.

Peter