stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice,very nice indeed.

Steve

D

Dograt

Awesome I had to look twice as I thought the first photo was real !

Again some great photos really atmospheric with the back drop, the way its photographed has made it look fantastic love the shadow

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
I totally thought the first picture was for reference only! Great Job and congratulations on completion! Jeff

F

Fenlander

You are obviously a fine modeller but it has to be said that you are also a damn fine photographer to. Stunning work

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I thought this was beautiful when I saw it on one of your posts last week. These photos prove I was right.

It may be just me, but I remember the B24 as looking longer and slimmer than this. She looks short and 'dumpy' in your pics. Is this due to the camera or is my memory of the overall shape at fault?

Gern

D

dubster72

I know what you mean Gern-the Lib was always a bit 'tubby' but from the trailing edge of the wing & back it seems too thick in the fuselage? That's not to knock a fine piece of work but perhaps it's the kit itself? Or my tired peepers!

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have photos of a Liberator standing next to a B17 Flying Fortress in the USAAF museum at Duxford and it is a very tubby aircraft compared with the B17....The proportions are correct.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for that Ron. It must be my memory of this plane looking slimmer that's at fault.

Gern

PS I also second Pat's comment. I certainly wasn't criticising Triumph's work - that's as good as anything I've seen.

T

Triumph

Ive been reading some things about the Lib being so tail heavy. It seems if they had to remove an engine for whatever, had to prop up the tail, also when loading its bomb load they started from the front or risk of tail sitting again :smiling3: Glad you like the pics

T

Triumph

Do like it when Im able to find the real thing of one of my builds :smiling3:

Modified to become a Carpetbagger (801st BG / 36th BS) in Feb 44, and as a B-24 DSA, renamed The WORRY BIRD. Lost 27 Apr 44 when it hit a hill near the DZ, crashed (broke into four main parts), and caught fire at St-Cyr-de-Valorges, in the Loire Department, France - MACR 4307

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It certainly looks great. I might have to try one of those.

Colin M

T

Triumph

Hi colin

Please beaware theres some trouble with this kit now (some bad mouldings see pics)

Vents at the side needed cleaning out as well as sink marks on the outside that needs filling in

Half filled in control surface

Prop centre on the right had a conical shape

But for £25 in the UK should you expect this I wasnt Peter

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for the warning Peter, as I've just started the Airfix Vulcan (with it's many and well publicised faults) maybe I'll do a Tamiya next.................but then again, sometimes it's nice to have a bit of a battle with a dodgy kit once in a while.

Colin M........