Italeri's panzer 38t

T

tommy1drop

Really like this one, nice finish and weathering,I like the staining on the rear plate, nice touch mate;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
another stunner Scott, i do real like how you get the dustie look , is that done with powder ?

over a wash, ? as it looks so good, :rolleyes:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Scott, it looks fab mate

Lee :smiling3:

N

noble

Thank you again, monica I use humbrol dark earth, first I apply a small amount of thinner to the areas I want to apply the powder, I will tap the pwder on with a large round brush and let it dry. Then a light dusting of powder to finish.

scott

N

noble

Suggestions on a post card papa, ive been thinking about that myself.

scott

C

chris2681

Im new here so im seeing your stuff for the first time scrolling through the forums and I gotta say im liking your stuff so far. Like the hetzer I like the rusty exhaust and good overall finish. :smiling3:

N

noble

Thank you very much Chris, iam very flattered by that. The secret to easy rusty bits is this mix some humbrol matt varnish with a bit of humrol thinner, brush this mixture onto the area you want to rust, then using humbrol weathering powders dark earth, iron oxide and rust just randomly apply these to the mixture already applied to the vehicle, try to ensure you don't apply to much of the one colour in one area. Once you are happy with what you have done, just allow 24 hours to dry, by doing this the varnish and thinner act like a glue and the powders won't come off, I hope this is useful. Any other questions just ask.

scott

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great tank very nicely painted and weathered must agree it would look awesome on a base

N

noble

Thank you very much for the great comments, as I have said ideas for a dio on a post card.

scott

T

treyzx10r

Scott yet another masterful build! The weathering on this looks simply perfect,just enough without being over done! Very nicely done Sir!

First Name
Aaron
Sweet mud and awesome build.

You have found the perfect balance of mud to vehicle ratio.

P

phikoleoputra

Great build Scott, love the rust/weathering effect, brilliantly done!!