Italieri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane MK1. 303 squadron (Polish) Flg Off W Urbanoviocz , RAF northolt 1940

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nothing wrong with Alan, clean tidy build. I like it and think the paint job and weathering look great.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for the comments mate but really a great build doodab??? Lol

:D

Thanks anyway I appreciate it :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks for the comments mate but really a great build doodab??? Lol :D

Thanks anyway I appreciate it :smiling3:
Yes, a great build-the build is neat straight, the camo, despite the issues looks good and you stuck with it and tried to salvage the model-which worked.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yes, a great build-the build is neat straight, the camo, despite the issues looks good and you stuck with it and tried to salvage the model-which worked.Si:smiling3:
Thanks again mate :smiling3: I was thinking I'd gone a little over the top with the smoke burn to cover the worst bits , tbh mate I couldn't just leave this or crash it the hurricane is my favourite WWII aircraft so I was determined knock her into at least an ok build :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I hope my 1/24 one turns out as good as like you i will be brushing nice build despite your problems.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
There wasn't a pilot with this kit but I have some RAF personel and this was one from that I didn't think I'd get the chance to use him but it looks like I've found him a home :smiling3:

D

dubster72

It was definitely worth persevering with Alan! Its turned out well & would be one that I'd enjoy having on my shelf.

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, you certainly pulled this out of the fire, beat it into shape and produced a great looking aircraft.

Well done.

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think you have done a fine job off it Alan, and turned out well,:rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks very much for the very kind words I still can't see what your all seeing but it's very much appreciated :D

I think because a built that 109 in a day I was expecting this one to be better if I took my time I produce something better , don't get me wrong I like it it's just not what I envisioned :smiling3:

Thanks again folks :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I think that's one of the reasons why this is an interesting hobby - you can never tell what will happen!

They say a week is a long time in politics - for model builders overnight can mean going from joy to despair or vice versa ;)

C

Caledonia

Don't knock it Alan, I'd be happy to put my name to it, great build in my book. Lovely weathering. Cheers Derek

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Alan, good to see you stuck with it and continued. If this happened with me, half way through, it would probably go into the spares box.... By the way, is the nose cone wrongly moulded? It looks like a 109' nose cone instead of a hurricane

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks folks I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

\ said:
Alan, good to see you stuck with it and continued. If this happened with me, half way through, it would probably go into the spares box.... By the way, is the nose cone wrongly moulded? It looks like a 109' nose cone instead of a hurricaneJohn
I thought the same mate you get two different types of spinner in the kit one pointed and one rounded and both are wrong in my eyes , either too pointy or too rounded this shows up in the technical booklet you get with the kit also the instructions show how they should look and not what's in the kit.